- Provide field troubleshooting and maintenance of controls systems for Compac equipment in customers facilities
- Maintain documentation and software to support applications and programming of PLC's, SCADA software, HMI's and automation networks
- Provide engineering assistance to service team and customers
Compac Sorting Equipment is an award winning leader in produce sorting and packaging technology and equipment. Compac is a global company with customers operating in more than 40 countries across NZ, Australia, USA, Europe, South America and Asia.
We are seeking a Controls Electrician/Engineer to join our development team on research and development based in Visalia. The successful candidate will have expertise in
and be able to create drawings and bills of materials of parts and assemblies for production. They will also be able to maintain product development timelines, improve prototypes, design and implement comprehensive testing plans to assess and improve product development and be available for overseas travel when required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of mechanical design processes
- Proficient in Solid Works or another 3D modelling system
- 5+ years machine design experience in food industry machinery design
- Knowledge of drawing practice and tolerances
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Computer savvy; especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Sound knowledge of Standard Workshop Engineering Practice
- Ability to build prototypes and run testing programs
- Experience with EHEDG and/or 3-A SSI machine standards would be beneficial
A positive manner and good work ethic, coupled with enthusiasm, top our list of requirements!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful, international company offering excellent career potential. We are acutely aware of the need for a healthy work/life balance and promote a flexible and friendly working environment.
Apply now with a detailed cover letter and your resume.