The Communications Department at Resources for the Future (RFF), an internationally recognized research institution that focuses on energy, environmental, and natural resource policy, is currently seeking a creative, organized, and energetic student or recent graduate to join its team as an Events Intern.
Reporting to the Events Coordinator, the Events Intern will assist with a variety of tasks associated with upcoming events including receptions, donor cultivation events, public and private research-related events, dinners, board meetings, etc. Duties include guest list management in addition to providing on-site assistance, and a number of administrative and other tasks depending on skill set. The intern will also support events for RFF’s Center for Energy and Climate Economics. The intern will participate in team and project-specific meetings, and may work with other members of the Communications team on various projects. He or she will also help manage RFF’s reception desk. This is an outstanding opportunity for a young professional looking to gain experience and learn more about communications from within an organization.
This is a paid internship at $10.00 per hour. The position offers between 30 and 35 hours/week hours, Monday through Friday, primarily between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. However, a few events will require early mornings or later evenings. There is a 3-month initial term beginning in August, which may be extended depending on performance and the needs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with scheduling, planning, and executing events.
- Provide on-site support during events, including handling guest registration.
- Assist with prepping and gathering materials for events, such as signage, reports, nametags, etc.
- Help set up for events with informational displays, catering, and lecture hall needs. Help break down and clean up from events.
- Staff RFF reception desk, including answering and directing incoming calls, attending to staff and visitor needs, and representing the organization in a professional manner.
- Assist with other projects the Communications Department and general office work, as assigned.
RFF is located near Dupont Circle at 1616 P Street NW, DC. RFF does not pay transportation or parking costs. RFF can work with your school if you are interested in pursuing course credit through this internship. Interested candidates should upload a resume, cover letter indicating your availability, and three references. Principals only. EOE. Women & minorities are encouraged to apply. No phone calls, please.