The Communications Department at Resources for the Future (www.rff.org
) has an opening for a Communications Associate (editorial). We anticipate that the successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or a related field.
RFF is a nonprofit, non-advocacy research and public policy organization that focuses on a variety of environmental, natural resource, and energy issues. Based in Washington D.C. and established in 1952, the organization is committed to both scholarly excellence and policy analysis.Job Responsibilities
The Communications Associate provides writing and editorial support for RFF as a member of the Communications department. Works with Managing Editor to support editing and production of all RFF publications, for both digital and print distribution. The Communications Associate will:
- Provide writing and editorial support for RFF.
- Works on Resources magazine editorial team.
- Coordinate and facilitate editing and production of all RFF research publications.
- Serve as a point person for RFF’s roster of freelance editors; make assignments as necessary.
- Provide Communications support otherwise as needed.
- Maintain academic databases.
All applications must be submitted electronically. To apply, please go to http://www.rff.org/about/careers
and follow the link “Communications Associate”. You will be requested to upload:
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position, your availability, and any important information about your qualifications that is not contained in your resume
- Resume summarizing your qualifications for the position and containing the names of three references (with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers)
- Writing sample
Please include your first and last name in each file name. RFF is an equal opportunity employer.