Express Mart Convenience Stores
, a leading convenience retailer in New York State, is seeking a full-time Co-Manager for our world class convenience stores.
Located in Dryden Ny.
Express Mart is a chain of convenience stores that is wholly owned and operated by Petr-All Petroleum Corporation. Petr-All Petroleum is a wholesale supply and distribution company of gasoline and diesel fuel. Express Mart was created as a way to better serve our guests by not just offering gasoline but, all convenience needs. Since then, Express Mart has grown to over 70 retail outlets throughout Upstate New York as well as several franchise locations.
We are a hard-working, growing team of dedicated and talented people. We love what we do for a living. At Express Mart, we find joy in helping others. We set goals, have fun and serve our guests with a smile. We believe in dedication, education, empowerment and passion.CO-MANAGER DUTIES:
To assist in managing the everyday operations and activities of a company operated branded gasoline station and Express Mart convenience store in accordance with Petr-All Petroleum Corporation marketing policies, promotions and achievements of a well trained, courteous and guest oriented staff in a safe and clean environment practicing established performance measures for revenue enhancement, cost and budget controls and reductions and increased profitability of your establishment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
To co-manage a corporate facility with the manager or perform in manager's absence the following:
- Render the best buying experience to the motoring public, through a well-trained staff, friendly service,safe and clean facilities, and product availability.
- Hire and train all employees. Ensure a competent work force through the hiring, careful recruitment, upgrading, selection, training, development and evaluation of personnel. Discipline and terminate when necessary.
- Practice leadership and encourage teamwork among all employees in order to achieve the highest performance standards for all of our customers and employees.
- Practice and implement all safe and clean initiatives as outlined in the company safe and clean manual.
- Complete daily and monthly paperwork and computer requirements (pricing, payroll, invoices, sales, monthly cash and inventory control, maintenance review, underground inventory water checks, market surveys, competitive reports, projects, NAVCO, ATM, and credit card procedures), in order to ensure compliance with company standards and protection of its assets.
- Responsible for appearance, sanitation, credit card and check cashing procedures, night checks, promotions, etc.
- Protect company funds and assets through monitoring of correct shift reporting, cash and credit card handling, banking, ATM, product supply and physical merchandise inventories, audit maintenance, and security procedures. Perform administrative duties necessary to ensure effective operations. Offer strategies to achieve performance measures, control shrink, labor expenses, budgets, product knowledge and merchandise techniques, suggestive selling and vendor relations.
- Stay abreast of competitive marketing conditions/trends and advise supervisor through oral and written reports, i.e. competitor surveys and competitor benchmarking to ensure achievement of Petr-All marketing policies.
- Handle customer complaints fast and effectively to ensure that we provide all of our customers with the best buying experience.
- Determine required stock levels, plan purchases from vendors based on the Merchandising and Promotional Calendar, seasonality, and desired profit targets from product mix.
- Ensure that the store image is consistent with the company's standards and reputation for cleanliness, quality products and friendly service wow's the customer.
- Maintain station records: shift reports, computer reports and records, daily sales reports, payroll, personnel information as well as various in-station logs and audit maintenance.
- Maintenance: Provide routine preventive maintenance to keep all equipment operating at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure, if full service is available, that all personnel provide fast and quality friendly service to all customers through well-trained staff and company guidelines.
- Ensure that all pricing procedures and guidelines are correct as listed in the Pricebook for all merchandise.
- Responsible for controlling the inventory and cash in the store.
- Ensure that the following procedures and tasks are performed correctly: vendor check-in, shift change and reporting change fund, employee purchases, lottery, credit card, and banking.
- Responsible for audit maintenance on a daily basis within company guidelines in order to achieve a less than 1% shrink and increase sales and profit.
- Protect company assets at all times.