IT Field Service Technician
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth
Medsphere positively impacts patient care by delivering award-winning healthcare IT solutions and software for providers of every size and budget.
Systeem Medical Information Systems, a division of Medsphere System Corporation, is dedicated to helping our healthcare practice clients with Managed IT Support so they can continue to provide the highest level of medical care to their patients. We provide our solutions exclusively to healthcare organizations across the United States with Full-Service Managed IT Service and Support. By delivering a one-stop solution that includes a service desk, field service, security, project management, consulting, and planning our clients are supported with everything they need to keep their IT infrastructure running. We are adding another Field Service Technician to our growing team and seeking customer-focused, individuals who have a knack for technology and are looking to continue to develop their IT skills. The successful candidate will receive a $2000.00 signing bonus.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide on-site service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Manage on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Conduct routine equipment servicing out in the field
- Repair equipment and replace faulty parts
- Installing and testing new equipment
- Use remote monitoring and maintenance systems, such as N-Able, to provide technical assistance to clients related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Provide detailed documentation as to actions taken to resolve issues, client configuration information, client communications, expenses, and time within SMIS’ ticketing software, ConnectWise
- Interface with a client’s vendors to resolve technical issues to the client's satisfaction
- Provide either scheduled or emergency on-site support to clients
- Build positive and professional relationships with customers
- Assist helpdesk team by answering inbound calls when not on-site or actively working on a field service project
- Work collaboratively with the helpdesk team, maintenance, and monitoring team, and entire SMIS staff to achieve client business goals by performing essential job functions
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in a field service role with experience working in Remote Maintenance and Monitoring (RMM) Software and a Ticketing System is plus
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service equipment (Servers, workstations, laptops, printers, and other networking equipment).
- Experience in billable environments supporting multiple clients
- Support experience with medical facilities in a production environment is preferred
- Proven experience solving issues related to workstations, thin clients, printers, scanners, servers, and networking equipment
- Experience using time-tracking software and documentation management
- Advanced knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems, including Windows 10
- Candidates with a working knowledge of Linux are desired
- Experience with networking hardware, such as managed switches, routers, and firewalls, is preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail, able to work with moderate supervision
- Must be able to relay technical information to clients of varying skill levels in easy-to-understand terms.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment with co-workers and client staff members.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Full-time employment includes a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and 401(k)
- Flexible time off policy
- Equipment provided (laptop, phone, etc.) Travel expenses reimbursed.
- Career development opportunities