Nation's Giant Hamburgersis currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team! Nation’s Giant Hamburgers has been serving the best hamburgers in the Bay Area since 1952 and we need an experienced maintenance technician to keep our restaurant equipment and facilities running smoothly.
This is a full time position with medical/dental, paid vacation, free life insurance, and 401k benefits. The primary service area is Contra Costa, Solano, and Alameda counties. Company vehicle provided.
Do you like challenges and enjoy solving problems?
Does working in a team and getting to know a lot of people excite you?
Are you open to learning and growing?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you!
· Perform routine preventive maintenance and service repairs on restaurant equipment including freezers, refrigerators, walk-in refrigeration, gas grills, fryers, soft serve machines, HVAC and other rooftop units.
· Respond to service calls by travelling to a Nation’s and diagnosing the problem
· Perform standard plumbing and electrical repairs such as replacing light switches, plug receptacles, ballasts, and light fixtures.
· Other duties and work scheduled by management
· General knowledge of, and experience with, appliance repair, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and painting trades
· Team Player and has flexible mindset
· Ability to trouble-shoot and efficiently solve a wide range of problems
· Ability to stay organized, multi-task, and maintain a clean and safe work environment
· Ability to occasionally lift and move heavy objects
· Strong communication and customer service skills; ability to work well with others
· Valid California driver's license, insurance, and clean driving record required - company vehicle supplied
· Excellent referrals, and ability to pass a background check
· Ability to work on call rotation and occasional late night shifts
· Clean and professional appearance
· Non-smoking company
· HVAC experience and Universal EPA certification preferred.
Nation's is a family-owned and operated Bay Area company with 29 Nation's Giant Hamburgers restaurants. Please visit us at http://nationsrestaurants.com/
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Nation’s Foodservice is an M/F, Disabled, and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
Nation's Giant Hamburgers, or simply Nation's, is a privately held El Cerrito, California-based fast food diner chain.The chain, founded in 1952, largely operates in the San Francisco Bay Area. The majority of locations are focused in the suburban Greater East Bay; consisting of Alameda, Contra Costa, and Solano counties.
If you like coming to Nation’s, you’d probably really enjoy working at Nation’s. Just as we treat every customer as an individual, we value each employee as someone who is important to his or her family and community, as well as to Nation’s.
Our company motto is“Always do the right thing.”That means always giving our best and treating everyone with respect, honesty and fairness.