Mid Atlantic Professionals, Inc. (dba SSI) is an 8(m) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), providing cleared professionals and solutions since 2002 for the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of State (DOS), Special Operations (SOF), Intelligence Community (IC), Law Enforcement, Healthcare Community, and other government agencies. As a prime contractor, we manage and staff large-scale and complex contracts in over 45 states, 5 continents, and 22 countries throughout 80 government installations. We have been awarded over 400 contract and task order award wins over the past 18 years and made the 2013-2017 Inc. 500/5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America. Core services we provide include, but are not limited to, Intelligence & Language, Security and Facilities, Training and Exercise Support, Program Management, Administrative and Professional, Healthcare Support, and Information Technology.
SSI recognizes that our employees are our most valuable assets, and we will recruit and search for the brightest and most talented individuals available. As with our customers, we are dedicated to providing our employees with a valuable and rewarding experience and continued growth. SSI is looking for motivated, skilled, and qualified personnel to join our family. We provide highly competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information at www.groupssi.com.
This position will be stationed in Baghdad, Iraq.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Act as security liaison and interpreter for the Regional Security Officer (RSO) at meetings with senior police/security personnel; translate correspondence and documents for liaison meetings; identify risks, threats, and opportunities related to biometric implementations
2) Liaise with local police, national security officials, non-governmental security officials, and private sector/residential security representatives to keep the RSO informed of any activities or events; interact with government customers providing feedback, insight, and information on biometrics
3) Use contacts to facilitate meetings between RSO and local officials; act as the principal
point of contact with local law enforcement organizations for VIP visits (to include President of the United States (POTUS), Cabinet secretaries, former POTUS, Congressional delegations and governors); provide theater-wide training on the Department's biometric enrollment devices to Foreign Service National Investigators (FSNIs) within the Embassy's Regional Security Office
4) Serves as the main contact for various USG security services charged with protective duties (facilitates meetings between American agents and senior host country security/police/ military)
5) Conduct investigative, cross-cultural interviews on behalf of the RSO for the purposes of
employment suitability, criminal, and administrative investigations; make recommendations regarding investigative disposition to RSO
6) Must be capable of performing the following duties, as may be assigned at any time:
Monitoring (listening to), translating, and synopsizing content of real-time oral communications recordings
Transcribing from storage media, but not limited to audiocassettes, videocassettes or digital media and typing in both the required target language(s) and English
Preparing typed English translations from other source media
Performing quality control reviews of completed work
Validating the accuracy of completed translations and transcriptions
2) Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to receive SCI clearance
3) Minimum of five (5) years of experience as Arabic linguist (written and spoken communications) required
4) Excellent command of both the English and Arabic languages; demonstrated language proficiency for English and Arabic of at least S4 (speaking) and R4 (reading), as classified by the U.S. Department of State's School of Language Studies, or at the Superior level, as classified by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
5) Must possess in-depth knowledge of Iraqi culture, traditions, and customs
6) Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups from various levels and backgrounds
7) Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would impair performance of duties. Must meet the current U.S. government physical and medical standards required for deploying contractors to hazardous areas
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
1) Experience as a Security Liaison in an overseas environment is highly desired.
2) Experience working in a high-threat environment and experience with U.S. Department of State security operations are strongly preferred.
SSI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that treats all employees and applicants equally without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate. SSI complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the EEO is the LAW poster. You can view SSI's EEO Policy. SSI does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees. We comply with all laws and regulations set forth in the Pay Transparency poster.
As a federal government contractor, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, SSI is required to develop annual Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs). Any employees or applicants who wish to review the Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities can contact us at (301) 540-8864. If you are a disabled individual or disabled Veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in applying for any posted position, please contact us at [email protected] or call (301) 540-8864.
SSI is an 8(m) Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) located in Germantown, MD (National Capital Region). Since our inception in 2002, SSI has focused on being a trusted partner providing mission-critical support across multiple disciplines. SSI holds a Top Secret FCL, has a DCAA approved accounting system, and specializes in providing cleared personnel for the DOS, DoD, Special Operations Forces, Intelligence, and Healthcare Community.
SSI has proven experience as a prime contractor managing and staffing large-scale and complex contracts in over 45 states, 5 continents, and 22 countries, as well as throughout 80 government installations to clients in austere, hostile, and high threat OCONUS, DOS, military, and other locations, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
We support mission requirements in intelligence and language services, language and cultural services, training and exercise support, program management, healthcare services, facility and security services, information technology, and administrative and professional services with more than 400 employees supporting customers worldwide.