Security Engineering/IT Specialist Instructor III - HDSVS
Job Locations US-VA-Springfield # of Openings 1 Category Education and Training Agency/Project Dept. of State Job ID 2022-4793 Security Clearance Secret
OBXtek is currently hiring a Security Engineering/IT Specialist Instructor of HDSVS (high definition security video systems) who will provide subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment.
The incumbent works independently and requires infrequent supervision.
• Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings to audiences on the following technical security topics: o Security Systems Standards Review and Inspection o Electrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies o National Electric Code o Electronic Fundamentals o Basic Computer Networking o Fiber Optic Installation
o Pedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems o Access Control Systems o Access Denial Systems o Intrusion Detection Systems o Public Address and Announcing Systems o Closed Circuit TV Security Systems o IP Based Video Surveillance Systems o Security Management Systems o Physical Security Systems o Electric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems o Operation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
• Works closely with Instructional Design, Systems Development and Manufacturers to develop and deliver technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self-study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). • Coordinates students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery. • Sets up and operate audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery. • Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). • Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information. • Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks. • Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
• Travels frequently and/or for extended periods to U.S. and foreign training sites.
Active Secret Clearance
• Ten or more (10+) years’ experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 60% or more of the security disciplines listed above. • Five or more (5+) years’ experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people. • Two (2) years as a level II instructor preferred.
• Must have HDSVS (High Definition Security Video Systems) experience.
• Subject matter expertise in a minimum of 60% of the full Technical Security Systems Curriculum. • A working knowledge of various National Codes such as the National Electric Code and OSHA safety regulations, as well as Department of State installation requirements. • Ability to explain advanced technical concepts to trainees with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability for the following users:
End user system operators,
Regional Security Officers, who must understand system capabilities and how they can best be employed for the protection of American lives, Classified National Security Information, and US Government Property,
Highly technically trained and experienced technicians and Electrical Engineers with years of experience in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of Technical Security Systems.
Bachelor of Science degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training.
Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek’s vaccination policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing.
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People…Our Reputation. Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers’ knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
OBXtek is a human-driven cybersecurity, logistics, intelligence, and information technology company that pledges excellence and honesty throughout our engagements. OBXtek's accomplished teams have an established reputation for consistently and efficiently achieving goals for our portfolio of federal government customers.