May 17, 2023
$95,500 - $141,000 yearly
Burlingame, CA, USA
The Information Technology (IT) group is critical to the performance of Acumen’s software developers, data researchers, and enterprise clients. We engineer solutions across a range of technologies while collaborating to address the emerging needs and unique challenges faced by our varied projects and teams. IT has an integral role to empower the developer, research, security and business operatives with the information and tools they need, which means our group’s responsibilities span everything from data center infrastructure, to software deployment, to organizing technical solutions with Acumen’s research departments. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions.
The Network Engineer position provides technical and management expertise to support multiple areas of the technical operating environment. This position plays a critical role in scaling the group’s network and systems infrastructure to meet the growing needs of Acumen’s projects and clients, and to help ensure that the system’s operating platform, network, and related procedures adhere to the department’s best practices and align with the company’s business goals.
The primary focus of the Network Engineer position is to provide technical operational support and knowledge regarding networks and related systems.
- Supporting and enhancing existing data center infrastructure and automation frameworks
- Supporting centralized access security and authorization for web apps and APIs, on-premises and in the cloud
- Supporting virtualization and cloud network operations
General-Other: Engineering, Computer-Network Security, IT Project Management, Network and Server Administration, Software-System Architecture, Systems Analysis - IT, Other
NO Security Clearance
Competencies: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional experience/certifications)
- 5 years’ experience in network administration
- 5 years’ operating system experience (Windows or Linux server)