*Newlight Technologies, Inc. is committed to a safety-first culture, and full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all team members prior to date of hire.
This is a full-time role for a trustworthy and experienced unarmed security guard to patrol our facilities from 5 PM to 5 AM daily, with a rotating schedule providing every other weekend off. The security guard will patrol the properties and if requested, provide escort to our 24/7 team members by walking or driving alongside them on in their walks between facilities. The guard will be posted at a security station and will walk the property to conduct hourly security checks while on duty. The guard will be responsible for drafting reports at the end of each shift to document any suspicious persons, behaviors, vehicles, damages, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of parking and facility/lot entry/exit rules.
- Provide notice and warning to violators of premise rules and regulations.
- Notify police and management of any trespassers who refuse to leave the property or cause damage.
- Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes.
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees.
- Document and relay any suspicious activity to the night shift supervisor on duty.
- Demonstrate professional and courteous behavior with all team members, guests and vendors.
- Complete required shift logs and other reports as needed.
- Provide a sense of security to team members, owners, and guests.
- Full compliance with company's safety procedures and guidelines.
- Full accountability for responsibilities and accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Must have a valid guard card.
- CPR/ First Aid, and other relevant first responder training
- Candidate must be CPR certified within 1 month of date of hire.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all team members, regardless of position, and the general public in a professional and effective manner.
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations at the facilities, calmly and efficiently.
- Will work nights and rotating weekends, and holidays
- 1-2 years security related experience in a corporate/office environment
- Professional, reliable and sound judgement.
This role is onsite and outdoors in environments such as cold weather, rain or heat.
This position is required to work outside, able to speak, hear, stand, and walk between facilities up to 1/2 mile apart, as well as monitor parking lots.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position required to work 12-hour shifts
The rotating schedule provides every other weekend off.
Newlight Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.