Acumen, LLC is seeking a Research Project Coordinator who is interested in working in a large multi-disciplinary team. This role is particularly suited for individuals interested or skilled at project management and coordination; business development, working with multi-disciplinary teams; and demonstrated experience or interest in working on government contracts.
The Research Project Coordinator is responsible for aspects of team and project management across the contract requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, project operations support, management of contract requirements, proposal coordination, project budgets, and team training.
Specifically, you will perform some combination of the following job functions:
- Coordinate proposal development/submissions and draft proposal sections related to project management and staffing.
- Track and report on project activities with a view towards timely follow-up and completion.
- Identify gaps or shortcomings in project management and business development processes, and propose and implement improvements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools and resources for knowledge management.
- Collect, organize, and maintain process-oriented data.
- Work with research teams to ensure timely completion of contract reporting requirements.
- Assist in preparation for and follow-up on meetings with upper management and internal research and technical groups.
- Draft project status reports for upper management and external clients.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in project management and coordination, particularly in complex projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with one or more of the following technical competencies:
- Writing and documentation
- Project coordination/management
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to operate effectively across departments within the organization
- Familiarity with prioritizing tasks and managing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic and client-oriented mentality
- Interest in learning about business development processes and project coordination
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 page writing sample to be considered for this position. A transcript is not required, but is preferred. We look forward to reviewing your application.