New opportunity housed in our Digital Communication & Online Strategy area for someone to manage American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) search tools to implement search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and best practices to improve performance, increase discoverability, and achieve measurable goals and objectives.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
· Bachelors’ degree in digital marketing, communications, business, IT or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant education/certifications and work experience required. Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) and/or Google AdWords certification a plus.
· At least three years’ related experience managing/implementing SEO/SEM campaigns required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, project management, analytical, and critical thinking skills required, as well as a solid understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods, keyword research, and analytics.
· Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in MS Office; experience using data mining tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Google Data Studio, SEMRush, Google Search Console etc; and the ability to learn and apply new technologies.
· Familiarity with content management systems and virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams) preferred.
· Must pay close attention to detail, be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, take initiative, work both independently and as part of a team, remain agile and collaborative in a constantly evolving work environment, educate and share industry knowledge to non-technical team members, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Some evening/weekend work and travel required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.
Mission: The mission of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is to attain optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To accomplish this mission, the AAP shall support the professional needs of its members.
Our fabulous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, 401K/403B, Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program, Goal Achievement Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts.