The NASI Project Management Office (PMO) consists of program and project management delivery, resource management, quality management, continuous improvement, professional development and knowledge management.
Achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design and delivery across multiple industries. Perform day-to-day project management work activities using NASI PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Utilize structured and disciplined practices to ensure project management activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery. Achieve the attainment of financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility. Ensure project management activities meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs. Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization and ensure a seamless transition of work activities to execute operations functions. Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
• Execute NASI PMO standards, processes and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following:
o Project planning fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling and budgeting
o Project control fundamentals: monitoring, anticipating potential problems, identifying project conflicts, taking corrective action, resolving issues, managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget, project reporting, quality review and assurance.
o Relationship management fundamentals: client relationship management; project team management; and overall change management
• Assist in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
• Create documents and coordinate with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Software Licensing agreements, and post-installation support and maintenance.
• Prepare Project Roadmap with concurrence of all participating organizations and negotiate agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management plans.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, professional, or administrative areas.
• Manage the delivery and execution of projects through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic project methodologies and practices that achieve KPIs and meet or exceed business results, client satisfaction and SLAs.
• Act as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project review sessions with clients to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Conduct recurring customer reviews addressing costs, schedules, risks and customer considerations.
• Develop new business or expand the product line with the client as applicable. Manage customer enhancement programs including all bid and schedule estimates and management approval activities.
• Issue and communicate program status to leadership, steering committee and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Manage project issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary.
• Foster collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute project management activities and company priorities.
• Promote continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
• Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one's job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one's own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization's success.
Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one's own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
Business Acumen - Interprets situations and events from a business standpoint in order to make decisions that are consistent and congruent with the organizations strategic direction and goals. Demonstrates the ability to use technology to enhance decision making, and provide cost-effective organizational and management tools. Aligns policies for a consistent and united business approach. Increases cooperation and communications between departments.
Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms. Resolves key issues behind major problems in the short term while developing and executing long term solutions. Has a strong record for making decisions that are correct and accurate. Applies strategies to implement effective decision making during crises.
Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization's strategic plan.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
• PMP, Six Sigma, Agile, SCRUM or related certifications preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience within the technology services industry.
• Excellent service philosophy and understanding the challenges in providing superior customer experience at a national level while controlling costs.
• Superior collaboration and communication skills: team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, risk management, product management, negotiation & decision making.
• Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless internal and external customer experience and resolve issues.
• Proven ability to continuously expand and leverage knowledge of market and industry trends and translating to recommending and implementing process and efficiency improvements.
• End-to-end process thinker, with proven experience in leading change within an organization and understands how change affects employees and utilizes strategies to reduce risk to the organization.
• Strong experience handling employee issues and making sound judgment decisions in this area.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management and cloud based technology systems.
• Able and willing to travel up to 20%.
Does not have supervisory responsibilities
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers' business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.About Us
What's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You'll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You'll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you'll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Now more than ever, businesses rely on Black Box to deliver products that make working remotely or in expanded workspaces secure, simple, and safe.
For over forty years, Black Box has been a world-leading provider of premier IT infrastructure solutions. Today, we continue to design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. Our solutions are used every day in government, education, commercial enterprises and any other organization that requires the utmost quality and performance from their IT infrastructure.
On top of creating industry-leading products, Black Box demonstrates every day a complete commitment to providing our customers with the best technical support and service in the industry. Our award-winning, dedicated support staff works around the clock to ensure our customers’ systems are always up and running optimally. They are truly as important to the successful IT, communications and business operations of our customers as the powerful products and solutions we deliver. WE ARE HIRING!