Coordinates and manages all activities during the purchasing process. Responsible for creating purchase orders, analyzing demand, forecast, supplier performance and addressing issues concerning delivery and invoicing. Goal is to ensure sufficient supply and quality of required raw materials at the best price possible.
• Prepare and submit purchase orders to an approved supplier in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Manage vendor relationships, assist in building effective partnerships and ensure supplier compliance.
• Responsible for planning and buying material in a timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications
• Resolve issues with quality and delivery concerns determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventive action.
• Evaluate supplier performance on a quarterly basis.
• Manage obsolete and slow moving inventory.
• Liaison with the accounting department to reconcile invoices and purchase orders.
• Track progress of shipments and addressing any issues.
• Cycle count small and predetermined set of raw material frequently. Correct errors and determine cause of discrepancy.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team environment.
• Able to retrieve information and conduct research related to project completion and job responsibilities.
• Able to think analytically.
• Capable of establishing priorities and balancing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Encompasses project management skills from project start to finish.
• Performs work under minimal supervision.
• Handles moderately complex issues and problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational skills
• High attention to detail
• Able to build collaborative relationships.
• Able to read, write and interpret various correspondence, quality specifications and compliance standards
• Negotiate and conflict resolution skills.
• Proficient in basic to intermediate computer software programs, such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
• Associates degree in purchasing, procurement, and supply chain management, or equivalent education and work experience
• Minimal 2 years of experience in purchasing material for manufacturing
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
Position requires some lifting of up to 20lbs, reaching, stooping, grasping, balancing, kneeling and climbing. Visual acuity is required to count small pieces of raw material.
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers' business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
What's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You'll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You'll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you'll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Now more than ever, businesses rely on Black Box to deliver products that make working remotely or in expanded workspaces secure, simple, and safe.
For over forty years, Black Box has been a world-leading provider of premier IT infrastructure solutions. Today, we continue to design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. Our solutions are used every day in government, education, commercial enterprises and any other organization that requires the utmost quality and performance from their IT infrastructure.
On top of creating industry-leading products, Black Box demonstrates every day a complete commitment to providing our customers with the best technical support and service in the industry. Our award-winning, dedicated support staff works around the clock to ensure our customers’ systems are always up and running optimally. They are truly as important to the successful IT, communications and business operations of our customers as the powerful products and solutions we deliver. WE ARE HIRING!