*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.,*was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
*D.R. Horton, Inc.*is currently looking for an _*Division Controller*_. The right candidate will manage all aspects of a divisions historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting, and financial projections. Act as the conscience of the division, involving fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement, and challenging the thinking and decisions of the entire management team. Lead senior management in compliance with company policies. Act as the liaison between the division and the corporate/region office as it relates to accounting and finance issues.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Assume the fiduciary responsibility of enforcing the operating procedures and policies established by the company
* Maintain responsibility for all banking activities and execute them in accordance with policies and procedures issued by corporate
* Report financial results in conformity with GAAP together with financial and accounting policies established by the company
* Maintain responsibility for the budgeting process and ensure that all budgets inputted to the computerized accounting system reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities
* Oversee the preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by the companys corporate management
* Responsible for month-end close process and coordinate the closing of the divisions accounting books with Corporate Accounting
* Coordinate and implement pricing strategy agreed upon by management
* Fully understand all aspects of the computerized accounting system deployed in the operating division, and utilize the system to its full capabilities
* Perform in both the financial and operational segments of the business, devoting time to field visits
* Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
Directly manages two or more employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
*Education and/or Experience*
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
* Six to eight years of related experience and/or training
* Possess exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently to balance competing deadlines
* Ability to accurately process and record a large volume of data
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Experience working in JD Edwards is a plus
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.