TLC Rents is offering excellent pay and outstanding benefits for Experienced Delivery Specialist / Helper - Event Installer - Tent Crew
TLC Rents is a premier event equipment rental company that has served the Atlanta metro area - for over 20 years! We are a family-oriented company who encourages a culture of work hard-- play hard! We strive to create an atmosphere that feels like family... because you are. We celebrate not only victories, but we support each other no matter what. If this seems like something you want to be a part of, we encourage you to apply!
This position is one of the most important roles with our company and we do require previous experience in this type of role.
You will be an integral part of representing our company to our clients and offering above and beyond customer service. We need people who are not only strong and able to handle the installs, but someone who is friendly, well spoken, and willing to help however possible. The way you treat our clients will determine if they come back in the future.
Your other main focus will be to promptly and professionally deliver and install a wide array of equipment used for special events. Tables, chairs, china, tents, staging, dance floors, pipe and drape, etc.
Here's a good overview of what to expect in this role:
Position Tasks & Activities:
• Load and unload equipment.
• Prep equipment, if necessary, prior to loading.
• Deliver and pick up equipment.
• Maintain accurate delivery and pickup records.
• Open and close the rental yard per company procedure.
• Secure customer signature on contract.
• Inform supervisor of difficulties with deliveries or pickups.
• Place delivery and in-store returned equipment in appropriate area for inspection.
• Know specifics and applications of rental inventory, so you can answer questions upon delivery.
• Maintain and comply with company procedures and policies.
• While driving company vehicle:
Serve as company representative. Carry driver's license at ALL times. Observe all laws. Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.) Keep vehicles clean (interior and exterior). Notify warehouse manager/manager of any scrapes, dents or accidents. Notify warehouse manager/manager of any mechanical difficulties.
• Double check delivered items to make sure customers receive exactly what they ordered.
• Notify dispatcher or store if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted.
• Instruct customers on equipment operation.
• Start equipment for customers.
• If equipment is missing or broken upon pick up fill out the appropriate forms and get customer's signature. Turn in these forms to supervisor, along with pick up sheets. Tag and move broken equipment to repair area.
• Complete a damaged and missing equipment report.
• Deliver pick up ticket copies to office manager or dispatcher so counts can be verified
•At the end of the day check gas, oil and other fluid levels in every truck. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary.
• Perform a safety inspection/safety check on vehicles used each day.
• Report safety violations to supervisor.
• Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily.
• Take keys out of trucks daily.
• Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
• Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
• Attend department, store and safety meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working with dispatcher/delivery coordinator and delivery assistant. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. May be required to assist customers with questions.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. Some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
• Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
• Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
• Must possess customer relation skills.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map.
• Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
• Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
• Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
• Must pass company drug screen.
• Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
• Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
• Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
• Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
Reports to: Logistics Manager / Dispatcher / Delivery Coordinator