Perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
• Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
• Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
• Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
• Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
• Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
• Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
• Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
• Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
• Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
• Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
• Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 2+ years' experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
• Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
• Industry and manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: BICSI, Panduit, Commscope, Siemens, Corning, Leviton, Ortronics, AV, Fiber Optic, Paging, etc).
• Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
• Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
• When required, healthcare specific certifications and experience (examples: infectious control, safety, bloodborne pathogens certifications, etc.)
• Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
• Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
• Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
• Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive company vehicles.
What's in it for You?
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers' business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
What's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You'll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You'll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you'll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region.
About Black Box
Black Box is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Now more than ever, businesses rely on Black Box to deliver products that make working remotely or in expanded workspaces secure, simple, and safe.
For over forty years, Black Box has been a world-leading provider of premier IT infrastructure solutions. Today, we continue to design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. Our solutions are used every day in government, education, commercial enterprises and any other organization that requires the utmost quality and performance from their IT infrastructure.
On top of creating industry-leading products, Black Box demonstrates every day a complete commitment to providing our customers with the best technical support and service in the industry. Our award-winning, dedicated support staff works around the clock to ensure our customers’ systems are always up and running optimally. They are truly as important to the successful IT, communications and business operations of our customers as the powerful products and solutions we deliver. WE ARE HIRING!