Program Manager, Safe Sleep Initiatives (Grant Funded)
American Academy of Pediatrics
Itasca, IL, USA
Nonprofit - Social Services
New opportunity at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP to manage the “Safe Infant Sleep Systems Integration (SISSI)” project funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration, including the planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities; design and support a national coalition of partners representing diverse infancy, early childhood, and family systems; and using needs assessment and other relevant data, develop a comprehensive approach to support knowledge and practice gaps and support implementation, including the development of a technical assistance portfolio.
Qualified candidates will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in child development, public health or related field required or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
· At least two years’ related experience in public health program coordination/management required, including delivering training and/or technical assistance, preferably in systems that support families with infants such as pediatrics, home visiting, early care and education.
· Experience with grant management and/or proposal development and facilitating community collaboration a plus.
· Must be able to able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously, take initiative, work both independently and as part of a team, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents, and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Strong technical skills essential with proficiency in MS Office and the ability to learn and apply new technologies; experience with virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams), website maintenance software (eg, SharePoint), and budgeting software (eg, Acumatica) preferred.
· Minimal travel and some evening/weekend work required, as well as the ability to be flexible in arranging work schedule to accommodate physicians’ availability.
Why work for the AAP?
· Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
· State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
· An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
· Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· Competitive PTO and sick leave.
· Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.
Mission: The mission of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is to attain optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To accomplish this mission, the AAP shall support the professional needs of its members.
Our fabulous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, 401K/403B, Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program, Goal Achievement Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts.