COMPANY SUMMARY Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers and world class manufacturing facilities. As a data driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
The primary goal of the Estimator is to be highly responsive to each customer RFQ and consistently deliver innovative, accurate and timely bids according to ECS policies and Phase 1 of the ECS Job Lifecycle Procedures.
The primary responsibility is to ensure assigned RFQ’s, cost estimates, bids and bid reviews are managed and delivered to the customer in a consistent, timely and effective manner that positions Sterling to "win the order". Assumes responsibility for qualifying the RFQ, facilitating bid/no-bid discussions, confirming bid strategy, gathering project data, developing an Access Plan, confirming the Scope of Supply, prepare a cost estimate, preparing the bid, facilitating the Bid Review Meeting, as well as delivering and following-up on the bid.
To be successful, the individual shall excel at timely and effective communication with internal and external customers, alike. He/she shall demonstrate competent judgement when interpreting customer specifications and translating them into a clearly defined Scope of Work that is consistent with the company’s products and services, while mitigating unacceptable risk to the company. In addition, this individual must have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the company’s field services, logistics, equipment planning & utilization, corporate cost standards, market pricing and contract language common in the industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
· Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
· Adherence to ECS Job Lifecycle Program policies, processes, and procedures.
· Adherence to theDelegation of Authority (DoA). Obtain all necessary approval prior to submitting the bid.
· Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Lead Estimator.
· Maintain close communication and collaboration with Sales and ECS stakeholders.
· Confirm the customer has provided sufficient information to prepare an estimate. Contact the customer as needed.
· Ensure bid / no-bid decisions are quickly and effectively handled for all Type A and B RFQ’s.
· Ensure the development of an effective bid strategy for high-value, complex, and strategic bids through collaboration with the Lead Estimator, District Manager, Key Customer Manager, Strategic Account Manager and other stakeholders.
· Initiate a simple Credit Evaluation (D&B) for new customers.
· Create a project folder structure in SharePoint and properly organize it with job documents.
· Gather all relevant project data to properly develop the cost estimate and develop the Scope of Supply.
· Complete an environmental review with the Environmental Manager, as required.
· Prepare various Bid Package documents.
· Confirm the customer’s receipt of the Bid Package. Follow-up with the customer until an award is issued.
· Facilitate a post-bid review following the loss of a strategic bid.
· Assume additional responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· Character consistent with the Sterling Values and Business Code of Conduct & Ethics.
· Portray a consistent, positive and winning attitude with a team mindset.
· Self-starter, ability to handle criticism, flexible and works well with limited direction.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently.
· Ability to interpret plans and specifications and translate into a clearly defined Scope of Work.
· Proficient MS Office computer skills.
· Able to adapt to utilizing specialize software systems as a costing/quoting tool.
· Skilled at interpreting, organizing and communicating data in a clear and concise manner.
· Knowledge of construction methods, techniques, materials, tools, precautions, utilities and field safety.
· Ability to keep records.
· Effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· BS degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred.
· Minimum3-years estimating experience in a construction or related field.
· OSHA 10 Certification preferred, but will train
· CPR / First Aid Certification preferred, but will train
· Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
For over 72 years, Sterling has delivered innovation that matters to our customers, with expert customer service. Today we’re helping customers safely access even the most remote and complex jobsites. Our turnkey solutions come from decades spent working in all the industries we serve, at every stage of major projects. We’re headquartered in Phoenix, IL (southwest of Chicago), with additional locations in Lufkin, TX, and throughout the United States. Whether your background is in manufacturing, engineering, business, IT, or project management, we might have just the opportunity for your skills.