The nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare seeks an individual to direct the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) coding and code valuation activities and manage related health care finance initiatives, as well as staff the Committee on Coding and Nomenclature.
Some responsibilities include:
· In collaboration and alignment with the goals and mission of AAP, lead staff in providing coding assistance and resources to AAP members, including oversight of the AAP coding support product and services portfolio.
· Collaborate with AAP staff, committees, sections, and councils in the identification of issues related to code valuation and coding activities and resources and to inform the AAP Board of Directors and other senior leadership.
· Respond to requests for coding information from AAP members and staff, as well as external organizations.
· Contribute to the innovative development and implementation of AAP health care financing programs, including educational programs and policy development activities related to coding and code valuation in alignment with the AAP priorities.
· Supervise and mentor assigned staff. Encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Support ongoing staff development, help set objectives, evaluate performance, and promote and enhance staff capacity in skills necessary to achieve goals. Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, operate with the highest ethical standards, and provide excellent service to members and volunteers.
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, health policy, business, or related field required.Master’s degree preferred.
· At least five years’ related experience managing health care finance initiatives, including coding, valuation, and physician payment.Experience in research, the RUC process, and working in a medical association environment preferred.
· Staff supervisory experience or team led experience required.
· Deep understanding of health care policy and financing RUC valuation, and CPT codes essential.
· Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in MS Office and running queries in databases; experience with document collaboration sites (eg, SharePoint) and virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams) preferred.
· Some travel and evening/weekend work required, along with the need for flexibility in arranging work schedule to accommodate physicians’ availability.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.
Mission: The mission of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is to attain optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To accomplish this mission, the AAP shall support the professional needs of its members.
Our fabulous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, 401K/403B, Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program, Goal Achievement Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts.