COMPANY SUMMARY Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers and world class manufacturing facilities. As a data driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
Provide comprehensive software, hardware, and network support for onsite and remote users. Analyze, diagnose, and resolve user support requests. Document the process in our support ticketing system in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. Identify, redirect, or escalate more complex problems to the senior technicians. Maintain an attentive, friendly, professional demeanor that exceeds customer expectations.
Sterling offers a competitive compensation package and a great work environment. If you are someone looking to use your talents to help our clients meet their needs, and work with an exciting team in a dynamic and growing environment, we want to hear from you.
Sterling promotes a drug-free workplace, and all job offers will be contingent on passing a drug screen and a favorable preemployment background check.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide on-site, remote, and phone support for end users at all locations and in the field.
• Monitor ticketing system for new/updated requests.
• Proactively anticipate, preempt, diagnose, and solve hardware, software, and network problems.
• Ensure accurate case documentation and closure in the help desk ticketing system.
• Troubleshoot network printers.
• Manage Active Directory Accounts.
• Assist with new equipment setup and new user training/orientation.
• Provide one-on-one end-user training as needed.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Perform related work as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude with a strong desire to resolve problems and help other people.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently, as well as ability to function as a successful and participating team member.
• Detail oriented and able to work on multiple tasks at one time.
• Desktop Application support experience with Microsoft Windows (10 and 11) and Microsoft Office.
• Solid understanding of Printer/file sharing on local file shares as well as OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft SharePoint.
• Familiarity with Windows Server OS (2008, 2012 and 2016), Active Directory, account and group creation, basic GPO Settings, and VPN clients a plus.
• The ability to learn and adapt to new technology and work through a problem logically. May work under the guidance of more senior level staff or managers and perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Computer Science degree/training or technical certifications a plus.
• 2+ years comparable experience.
Desktop Service and Support, Systems Analysis - IT
For over 72 years, Sterling has delivered innovation that matters to our customers, with expert customer service. Today we’re helping customers safely access even the most remote and complex jobsites. Our turnkey solutions come from decades spent working in all the industries we serve, at every stage of major projects. We’re headquartered in Phoenix, IL (southwest of Chicago), with additional locations in Lufkin, TX, and throughout the United States. Whether your background is in manufacturing, engineering, business, IT, or project management, we might have just the opportunity for your skills.