PLEASE DIRECT ALL RESUMES TO: [email protected]
Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers and world class manufacturing facilities. As a data driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment. POSITION OVERVIEW This position is responsible for the care, maintenance, and optimization of all company manufacturing assets with a primary emphasis on mechanical and hydraulic systems as well as a solid electrical background. This is a key role within the company as Sterling Lumber transitions into higher technology and sophisticated equipment. The position is responsible to: a) Develop sound preventative maintenance systems and routines, b) Assist the Maintenance Manager in training and developing the skill levels of more junior maintenance technicians, c) Assist the company in the specifying, selecting, and procurement of new equipment and d) to practice and reinforce LOTO and to fully support the SLC Safety program and initiatives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Effectively and efficiently maintain, repair, and optimize equipment and devices:
- On a preventative basis
- On an as needed or breakdown basis
- Provide high level of expertise on mechanical resources and technical support to the company.
- Development of personnel and staff to meet the requirements, and improve the effectiveness of, Sterling Lumber Maintenance and Operations initiatives.
- Co-development, support, and implementation of TPM program for all equipment (works with Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Manager) to achieve appropriate level of "autonomous maintenance”.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in performing root cause analysis on product/equipment failure and put in place countermeasures to eliminate or minimize future occurrence.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in the organization of inventory (parts, supplies, tools) and personal tools to ensure optimum efficiency of the work force.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning work practices by ensuring safety procedures are adhered to and followed (LOTO for example).
- Complies with and is an advocate of the company's Environmental Policy and Procedures.
- Participates in projects as requested by management
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- At least 3-7 years progressive experience troubleshooting, repairing and PM programs for
- Experience in 5S and Lean Manufacturing (Toyota Production System) and formalized problem solving
- PLC and A/C drives
- Hydraulic and Electrical Schematics
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Physical Requirements Based on the job demand analysis performed, the physical demand category for this position is HEAVY WORK. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
- Advanced troubleshooting knowledge/ability of hydraulics and basic electronics
- Advanced welding techniques
- PLC troubleshooting experience, read schematics/
- Experienced with Toyota Production System or Lean Manufacturing (5S for example)
- Maintain and teach current industry best practices with respect to
- Tacit knowledge, and prior implementation of, Visual Factory processes.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving ability.