*D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S.*, was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website atwww.drhorton.comfor more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a*_Land Acquisitioner_*for their Operations Department. The right candidate will acquire undeveloped land or finished lots for development. Work with property owners, brokers, land developers, city officials and others to secure land.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Coordinate, Secure and Organize Land Acquisition Leads
* Receive and provide initial response plan for all new leads from outside sources
* Perform Title and municipal research and initial cold call inquiry for potential land leads
* Provide initial meeting with seller and/or sellers representative
* Provide all pertinent property description information, seller demands, terms, conditions and contact information to management
* Prepare letters of intent
* Maintain close relationships with land developers, brokers and land owners
* Underwrite and analyze the financial aspects of each development opportunity
* Communicate regularly with city officials
* Negotiate purchase contracts with sellers
* Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
* Able to travel overnight
*Education and/or Experience*
* Fifth year college or university program certificate
* Four to six years related experience and/or training
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
* Proficiency with MS Office and email
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
* Medical, Vision and Dental
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Flex Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
*/Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, Americas Builder. #WeBuildPeople2/*
Followus on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
Construction Jobs is the nation's premier employment resource built exclusively for the construction, design, and engineering industries. Since 2000 we've made it our business to empower customers with the most affordable and efficient recruiting tools of the highest quality available in the construction industry. Our platform offers a database of job postings, predominantly from direct employers, as well as an active resume database full of job seekers ready for hire. Our interactive site provides targeted candidate searches by geographic region, specific industries, job titles, education, and experience. The site is free to job seekers and available to employers at various subscription fees.