Summit Ropes delivers soul-feeding, mind-bending, full-throttle excitement at an indoor adventure park located in Loudoun County, VA.Our guests climb, swing and leap on more than 120 aerial challenges, including an 86 foot via ferrate!We welcome guests ages from 4+ who want to push the pause button on their daily drudge to experience fun and adventure within a safe, climate controlled, environment.Summit Ropes team members are guest service minded and safety focused.We seek fun-loving employees who have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and great communication skills.Join a team that’s bringing a unique experience to Loudoun County by bringing the outdoors inside for year-round fun.
The Adventure Park Associate is an entry level position available in two roles; Front Desk Host and Course Monitor. Both positions involve interacting with guests to provide an experience of exceptional customer service, outstanding facility knowledge and unprecedented safety. Adventure Park Associates may assume responsibility for one or more roles if desired.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
All Park Associates are expected to take on the following responsibilities and perform the following duties:
· Effective communication (in all forms) with guests and teammates to assure guests receive exceptional service through all interactions while maintaining a fun guest experience.
· Collaborate with teammates to operate a safe, clean and efficient adventure experience.
· Understand and comply with risk management protocols and emergency response procedures.
· Use all equipment, gear and materials safely and responsibly.
· Represent the Summit Ropes mission of soul-feeding, mind-bending, full-throttle excitement that empowers and inspires our guests.
· Contribute to a positive, supportive, “can-do” approach when interacting with others.
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
Front Desk Host
· Greet Guests when they enter the facility and provide friendly service upon check-in and orientation.
· Manage reservations through an online booking engine.
· Understand all aspects of the park, and appropriately answer all inquiries while talking with guests during phone calls, composing and sending correspondence, or supporting guests during face-to-face conversation.
· Assist guests in purchasing park tickets, checking them in and providing an overview of the adventure experience.
· Assist with retail sales including the management of cash, credit cards, and POS systems.
· Pre-screen guest by ensuring they understand participation requirements and have completed liability release forms prior to climbing.
· Solve problems that inevitably arise with logistics, large group bookings, rescheduling, and customer service issues.
· Preform party host duties and manage party group activities.
· Assist with facility upkeep and maintenance.
· Establish a warm and friendly relationship with guests on the phone, through email or in person.
· Operate point of sales systems and follow protocols for managing cash and credit card payments.
· Solve inevitable customer service challenges by seeking win-win outcomes.
· Conduct inspections of all Course components and gear.
· Fit gear correctly and supervise the use of all personal safety equipment.
· Coach participants on proper climbing and belay transfer technique.
· Assist with orientation and participant ground school training sessions.
· Clearly communicate safety procedures and guidelines to large groups of guests.
· Model appropriate risk management through effective communication, accurate record-keeping, regular skill development, adherence to company operating procedures and guidelines, and on-course behavior.
· Assist in Course maintenance, customer service, and operation tasks.
This position is a year-round part-time position. This position requires a candidate who can work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays as well as scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Possess a genuinely friendly and outgoing disposition when working with guests and team members.
· Project professionalism required as an ambassador for the high caliber experience offered by Summit Ropes.
· Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding the welfare of guests and teammates.
· Use effective oral and written communication skills and strategies representing passion when working with people of all ages and abilities.
· Demonstrate the adaptability and flexibility required when working in a high-energy environment to meet the varied needs of guests without drama.
· Manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously, seamlessly moving from one to the another.
· Demonstrate strong organizational skills and high attention to detail in approaching tasks and projects.
· Possess the confidence to assess workplace situations, take initiative and work independently to provide the ideal Summit Ropes experience.
Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and spend up to eight hours standing and walking.
Our Mission Summit Ropes provides a community where people unplug from the internet, exit the interstate, and truly interact with friends, family members and coworkers. At Summit Ropes, people push the pause button on the daily drudge and interject some soul-feeding, mind-bending, full-throttle excitement. We bring the outdoors indoors for year-round fun.
Our Core Values We care about building connections. The connections between how we feel, how we think and how we perform. The connection between what we do and the result we get. The connections that start as strangers and develop into friendships, creating deeper relationships and bonds which last a lifetime. At Summit Ropes, our values are the foundation that help create and support these connections. Whether you are an individual contributor or the leader of a team, the Summit Ropes value principles should serve as your guide:
Our Park Summit Ropes delivers soul-feeding, mind-bending, full-throttle excitement at an indoor adventure park located in Loudoun County, VA. Our guests climb, swing and leap on more than 120 aerial challenges, including an 86 foot via ferrate! We welcome guests ages 4+, who want to push the pause button on their daily drudge to experience fun and adventure within a safe, climate-controlled environment. Summit Ropes team members are guest service minded and safety focused. We seek fun-loving employees who have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and great communication skills. Join a team that’s bringing a unique experience to Loudoun County by bringing the outdoors inside for year-round fun.