Reporting to the Director, IQI, the Quality Management Specialist is responsible for research and development of tools to consolidate and curate knowledge that continuously informs AAAHC Standards development, survey and Surveyor processes, and AAAHC learning offerings. The Specialist analyzes and reports accreditation performance results to identify client improvement opportunities; manages the benchmarking study report generation against national clinical practice guidelines and relevant, evidence-based healthcare literature; and provides easily implementable and practitioner-focused tools that increase patient and employee safety and facilitate organizational compliance with AAAHC standards. This role is integral to advancing our organizational mission and realizing our strategic theme to “measurably drive quality improvement in patient care.”
- Structure and analyze accreditation performance results to help guide improvements in AAAHC Standards, identify learning topics, and guide client organization focus on areas requiring quality improvement. Analyze client Standards compliance and deficiencies by existing and new data stratification models that inform and help identify root causes / best practices for addressing deficiencies that can be incorporated into the annual Quality Roadmap report and other ad hoc reports requested by management.
- In collaboration with IQI Director and Standards Development, identify research literature evidence in support of existing and new standards that may improve client understanding and compliance, or better reflect current best practices.
Benchmarking Study Development
- Design and deliver quality improvement benchmark studies that positively influence healthcare quality and provide clients with useful benchmarks to implement within their own organization.
- Design/revise study and data collection model; establish guidelines for participant data collection; program online survey forms using appropriate logic.
- Clean data using pre-determined rules; analyze data and prepare reports for review by AAAHC Subject Matter Experts (SME) and IQAC.
- Serve as department LMS expert; manage core LMS functions and logistics, including registration processes for benchmarking studies.
- Recommend study process improvements from participant recruitment through report dissemination and topic selection.
- Serve as Secondary Staff Liaison for assigned committees
- Contribute to preparation of meeting agenda and materials, draft meeting minutes, and support related communications.
- Draft agendas and materials for all meetings, maintain BoardEffect portal information including sending meeting invites, draft/post meeting minutes for committee approval.
- Contribute to AAAHC Board and senior leadership reports as requested.
Other Quality Improvement Offerings
- Participate in the implementation of the annual Innovations in QI Award program to recognize exemplary studies, encourage participation in QI studies, and improve patient care.
- Prepare annual online application for QI study submission. Organize submissions for effective IQAC evaluation; collate and analyze IQAC ratings
- Assist finalists in developing poster presentations to ensure incorporation of AAAHC Standards (“10 Components” of QI studies)
- Collaborate with Learning to ensure successful integration of Innovations Award program into Achieving Accreditation conference or other venues
- In collaboration with Director, IQI, support development of easily implementable, practitioner-focused tools (e.g., toolkits, white papers) that increase patient and employee safety and quality of patient care and facilitate client compliance to AAAHC Standards.
- With consideration for annual Quality Roadmap findings and Benchmarking study results, assess client needs for quality improvement tools.
- Develop content for QI educational modules for Achieving Accreditation, eLearning modules, and webinars
- Develop tools (e.g., QI compendium, toolkits, white papers) and obtain feedback from organizations on effectiveness