The Resident Services department provides individualized services and community programs that build skills, create connections, and bring opportunities that address inequity to make meaningful impact on the lives of SAHA’s residents and the surrounding community. An initiator and collaborator, the Service Coordinator builds and maintains ongoing positive and supportive working relationships with residents, colleagues, community organizations, and volunteers to fulfill SAHA’s mission.
In this role, the Service Coordinator is responsible for providing on-site direct services to residents, as well as planning and facilitating relevant programs and events at their assigned site(s). Depending on the property composition, this position may support seniors, families, and/or people with special needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Creates a welcoming environment for all residents and promotes available services and programs through a variety of methods and marketing strategies.
· Conducts annual and on-going assessments to support residents to meet their needs and goal attainment.
· Provides on-going information and resources, referral services, system navigation to meet residents where they are at, identify needs, and secure the full range of social services and supports to all residents within assigned site(s).
· Effectively addresses residents’ behavioral, financial health and social concerns to address housing instability, and uses evidence based strategies during intervention of critical incidents and lease violations.
· Provides crisis intervention and de-escalation, coordinates access to appropriate levels of care/ services, and implements mandated reporting policies.
· Maintains accurate and timely documentation to meet annual and quarterly program and compliance; documents all resident demographics, issues, requests, statistics, incidents, program attendance, interactions and outcomes through online services software.
· Develops constructive and collaborative relationships with residents and their circle of support, community agencies, volunteers, property team and company staff.
· Coordinates transportation services for residents in sites where SAHA’s transportation is available.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Works in conjunction with Community Engagement staff to assess resident and neighborhood needs, and determine the feasibility of proposed programs and initiatives.
· Coordinates and collaborates with SAHA volunteers, outside agencies and organizations to bring educational and community building opportunities and services.
· Coordinates and drives resident engagement in programs and initiatives, such as advocacy efforts, community gardening, and the digital equity program.
· Engages in collaborations and partnerships to advocate for affordable housing and lift up neighborhood concerns and community priorities.
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field may be substituted
· Candidates with lived experience are encouraged to apply
· Experience in affordable housing or knowledge of Fair Housing law is a plus.
Abilities and Attributes:
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries, exercising objectivity and confidentiality, while building trusting relationships with residents and staff.
· Be proactive, innovative and use solution-oriented approaches to solve complex problems.
· Have excellent customer service - approachable, positive presence, empathetic, clear and effective written and verbal communication, accountable and provides timely follow-through.
· Understanding of structural and systemic issues that create social and economic inequities based on race, gender, class, etc.
· Intermediate level computer skills, Microsoft Outlook- email and calendar, word processing, spreadsheets, publishing software, Zoom, service documentation software, file sharing and the ability to navigate the internet easily. AASC Online and Family Metrics is a plus.
· Comfortable with public speaking at large building activities and meetings.
· Knowledgeable of community resources, as well as referral and application processes, or the ability to learn.
· Have experience and ability to work positively within a multi‐cultural team and residential environment.
· Be proactive, manage time effectively, and be able to work independently.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with an ability to adjust to change in a fast-paced environment.
· Have flexibility to provide coverage at another site, assist with special projects, and work outside of regular schedule such as evenings and weekends, if needed.
· Have budget management skills.
· Ability to attend mandatory meetings and trainings for this position (1st year minimum 36 hours; every year after – 12 hours)
· Case management experience
· Trained in crisis intervention, de-escalation, motivational interviewing
· Experience with community development, civic engagement, or intergenerational programming
· Fluency in a second language
Supervise on-site volunteers while they volunteer at the building.
Certificates & Licenses
Some positions require a valid CA driver license and a good driving record; a DMV check is conducted on positions required to drive.
Demands include but are not limited to simple grasping and fine manipulation, sitting at a desk while using a computer, use of a telephone for an extended period of time; Intermittently twisting to reach objects near the desk, standing, walking, bending reaching, using a computer, and occasionally lifting or moving objects that may weigh up to 35 pounds.
This job is primarily conducted in an office environment where noise and temperature variations are minimal and casual business attire is required. Some positions require occasional driving whereby exposure to fumes, dust, and other environmental elements may occur in rare circumstances. Must be able to work under time demands and remain calm and professional with a wide variety of personalities.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities, skills, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to modify the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
At SAHA, we are committed to working towards Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion every day.
We believe that every person deserves a home and that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. As an equal opportunity employer, we seek to foster an environment that values and respects the differences of our staff because we know that as an organization we are stronger and benefit from the experiences and perspectives that only a diverse and inclusive community brings.
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) provides quality affordable homes and services that empower people and strengthen neighborhoods.
SAHA begins from the idea that every person deserves a home. Our work is inspired by a belief that quality homes and empowering services should be in reach for all of the Bay Area’s community members and that despite the many obstacles to providing housing for people with low-incomes and special needs, this goal is possible.
SAHA’s innovative properties provide more than 4,000 residents in seven counties in northern California with much-needed affordable housing and services. With a commitment to high-quality design and thoughtful, ongoing supportive services, we empower our residents to build better lives and create healthier, safer communities.