OFFICE TITLE: AGENCY CHIEF CONTRACTING OFFICER (ACCO)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED
CIVIL SERVICE TITLE/LEVEL: 06458 (DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CAMP)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
POSITION STATUS: FULL-TIME
SALARY: $130,000 – $150,000
JOB ID #: 565182
Please select a category that best fits your position.
□ Policy, Research & Analysis □ Technology, Data & Innovation □ Constituent Services & Community Programs
□ Legal Affairs □ Finance, Accounting & Procurement □ Public Safety, Inspections & Enforcement
□ Administration & Human Resources □ Social Services □ Other: _____________________________________
Start your career here at the NYC Campaign Finance Board. Click on the link to learn more about the open positions at our agency!
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN FINANCE BOARD
The CFB oversees New York City’s small donor democracy program and educates and engages voters via NYC Votes. The CFB has enjoyed a tremendous arc of progress over its 30-year history, and our updated flagship small donor democracy program is a centerpiece of this progress.
We eliminate barriers to participation by providing access to the resources New Yorkers need to vote or run for office and amplify the voices of small donors with New York City’s small donor democracy program.
We are dedicated to making New York City’s local democracy more open, transparent, and equitable. You would be working with a team that is mission driven and committed to continuous improvement.
ABOUT THE UNIT
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks a high performing, committed individual to serve as the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO). As a crucial member of the CFB team the ACCO will directly impact the agency’s mission.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Assistant Executive Director of Operations and Finance. Under general direction, with a great deal of latitude for independent initiative, judgment and decision making, the ACCO will transform the current procurement process into a modern and agile process, perform complex procurement work that will contribute to the CFB’s long term strategic vision.
The incumbent will lead efforts to maximize usefulness of our current contracts especially marketing, media, and technologies; make recommendations on the approach, methodologies, and policies for the implementation of new procurement; and sustain strategic plans that will identify efficiencies in how the agency manages its contract development and management work to provide services to New York City communities across the five boroughs.
· Oversee, plan, manage and coordinate complex procurements from initiation to completion, including support for defining project scope
· Creating/updating project plans, scheduling project deliverables, goals, and milestones
· Identifying and managing project risks, determining resource needs, and obtaining signoff on project deliverables.
· Ensure CFB compliance with all applicable rules and regulations including PPB rules, Comptroller directives and procurement industry standard best practices
· Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and key processes with vision toward technological enhancements to existing procurement operations
· Develop key performance indicators for vendor and contractor performance, financial status and other procurement metrics which might affect delivery, timeliness or quality of contracted goods and services.
· Train line staff in the utilization of tools such as Excel, PASSPort, and the Financial Management System (FMS3) to complete procurement tasks
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least two years of experience as financial analyst, procurement or purchasing analyst
· Attention to detail
· Efficiency and ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage time effectively
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in government (New York City government a plus)
· Strong knowledge in media, marketing, and technology procurement for the City of New York
· Excellent research and analytical skills
· Demonstrated interest in public service
· Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Power BI.
· Experience with Financial Management System (FMS) a plus
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NYC JOBS/EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE (ESS) WEBSITE
Ø Please select the following link to apply directly to this vacancy: AGENCY CHIEF CONTRACTING OFFICER (ACCO)
Ø Note that only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For more information on careers with the NYC Campaign Finance Board visit our website at https://www.nyccfb.info/to access the full listing of job opportunities and to learn more about our agency.
As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
Pursuant to Department of Citywide Administrative Services Commissioner’s Directive No. 2020-20 (concerning the Recruitment of Personnel During the Covid-19 Crisis), New York City residency must be obtained within six months after Emergency Executive Order No.98 is rescinded. If that time has passed, residency must be obtained within 90 days of the start date.
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact [email protected] or (212) 409-1800.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
The Campaign Finance Board is a nonpartisan, independent city agency that empowers New Yorkers to make a greater impact on their elections.
The New York City Campaign Finance Board (CFB) administers one of the strongest, most effective campaign finance systems in the country. NYC’s matching funds program amplifies the voice of average New Yorkers in city elections by matching their small contributions with public funds. By increasing the value of small-dollar contributions, the program reduces the possibility and perception of corruption from large contributions and unlimited campaign spending, and encourages citizens from all walks of life to run for office. Through its rigorous oversight and enforcement efforts, the CFB holds candidates accountable for using public funds responsibly.
The CFB publishes detailed public information about money raised and spent in city elections by candidates and independent spenders, bringing greater transparency to the democratic process. Its NYC Votes campaign engages and educates voters through community outreach, the Voter Guide, and Debate Program, empowering New Yorkers to make informed choices at the polls. In addition, the CFB seeks to improve the voter experience by advocating for legislative changes to the registration and voting process.