Job DescriptionIf you are a Construction Superintendent looking for an exciting role working with industry leaders, look no further! Black Box is hiring a Data Center Superintendent as part of our strategic growth initiative to work with our customer, Meta - the largest social media giant in the world.
In addition to our comprehensive total rewards package (medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company match, life/accident insurance, HSA, tuition reimbursement and more), we are offering relocation, temporary living and/or commuter assistance and/or a sign-on bonus for this position.
The Construction Superintendent plays an important role in Black Box's data center deployment program by monitoring all phases of the construction roadmap to meet all project deliverables and timelines. The Construction Superintendent will perform day-to-day construction management/superintendent work activities using GSI PMO standards, processes, methodologies and systems. Location: DeKalb, ILWebsite: www.blackbox.com
Essential Functions are:
- Achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness of program management through full end-to-end design and delivery across multiple industries
- Utilize structured and disciplined practices to ensure construction management activities are consistent with company initiatives and expectations and achieve high quality, professional client service delivery
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators, as well as financial targets inclusive of annual budget, gross profit and related financial metrics within area of responsibility
- Ensure construction management/ superintendent activities meet corporate customer satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs, through a balance of best-in-class and pragmatic construction methodologies and practices
- Work collaboratively across all levels and departments of the organization, ensuring a seamless transition of work activities to execute construction management activities and company priorities
- Prepare Construction Roadmap with concurrence of all participating organizations as well as negotiating agreement with the customer (includes identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, risk and communication management plans)
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, professional, or administrative areas
- Act as primary customer contact for construction activities, leading construction review sessions with clients to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Manage construction issues/risks in a timely manner, escalating when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in or equivalent, relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years Construction Management experience within the technology services industry
- Preferred Certification: OSHA 30
#L1-WC1About UsWhat's in it for You?
Joining Black Box means you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting, highly visible projects with our customers. You'll get to know large and small organizations across the world and work to deliver best in class IT solutions. You'll be rewarded with a variety of experiences, development opportunities and exposure to some of the world's most admired companies. In addition to these rewarding experiences, you'll have access to our comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Our program continues to evolve to meet the needs of our dynamic workforce by providing a variety of benefits which are applicable and competitive for each country & region. About Black Box
Black Box is the trusted global solutions integrator and digital technology partner. With nearly 45 years of experience connecting people and devices, we are an organization of top technical professionals dedicated to delivering solutions and services that help organizations design, build, manage, and secure their communications and IT infrastructure and networks. Technologies include 5G/OnGo, connected buildings, digital workplace, multisite deployments, data centers, and IoT.
We also design and manufacture award-winning products for Pro AV, KVM, cabling, and networking known for their advanced functionality, flawless performance, outstanding reliability and fail-safe security. We deliver high-value technology services and products through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness combined with our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.