The Infrastructure Technician I performs skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Position Details:
- Hourly position based upon experience & skill level
- Long term contract with possible contract extension or hire
- Standard work hours: Mon-Fri8:00am -5:00pm (OT Nights and weekends as needed)
- Location: Austin, TX; will support up to 30 sites within a 100 miles of target area.
- Full COVID Vaccination Required per Client
- Client Addendum will need to be followed. Copy will be provided at the time of candidates offer acceptance.
- Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.\"
- Required - High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Preferred- Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Other Qualifications, Skills & Certifications preferred:
- 2-5 years of experience in a Site Support Technician role (or similar experience)
- Installation, termination, troubleshooting of cabling CAT 5/6 and preferably fiber
- Basic network knowledge/troubleshooting
- CNET CNCI,
- BICSI Installer (INST1)
- BICSI Installer 2 copper/fiber (INSTC/INSTF)
- Manufacturer certifications
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable and fiber optic cable.
- Installation of cable pathways, conveyances (e.g. ladder, trays, support systems)
- Through-wall penetration systems
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents. Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights
This job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of the employee; it is not meant to be all-inclusive for any one position. Job responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or any other reason.About Us:
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers' business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Visit blackbox.com to learn more.