OBXtek is currently hiring an Network Security Systems Instructor II.
P osition requires an enthusiastic, knowledgeable individual capable of clearly articulating complex, technical subjects to security professionals possessing various
degrees of technical knowledge, backgrounds, and abilities. The instructor must be an excellent communicator and possess solid technical skills in any of the following Network Security Systems (NSS) disciplines: High-Definition Security Video Systems, Data Center Configuration and Management, or Cyber Security Countermeasures. The incumbent requires minimal supervision and mentoring to quickly learns multiple topics of instructions and instructional techniques. Major Duties
- Completes self-pace comprehensive study and team mentoring of training courses to teach multiple
training topics covering at least 15 days of course materials. The duration of each topic may vary.
- Successfully completes instructor qualification training to include technical proficiency of security
topic(s) and demonstrates knowledge and skills of instructional techniques based on the Principles of
Andragogy (adult learning).
- Presents hands-on training instructions by informing, demonstrating, facilitating practice, and
evaluating student's comprehension through written exams and lab exercises.
- Prepares training classroom and labs for instruction by accounting for training materials, setting-up
audio-visual equipment, and testing training equipment.
- Performs closeout activities by completing training records, reordering materials, submitting repair
requests, and ensuring classroom and labs are operational for the next course.
- Collaborates with the curriculum designers to help define course structure and content to produce
high quality technical security system training materials.
- Supports team with course content reviews by providing input and updates to ensure training
materials are relevance and accurate.
- Mentor new instructors as well as provides cross-functional support across teams.
- Participates in cross training to learn additional training topics
- Active Secret Clearance
- Associate of Science or related degree from an accrediting institution to be credited towards
qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal
- 4+ years of technical skills and experience of installing, programming, troubleshooting, and repairing
any of the following Network Security Systems: command line interface-based IT equipment,
electronic systems, IoT devices, network-based CCTV, computer network equipment, installation of
infrastructure, copper and fiber optic communication and signal wiring, enterprise managed
networking hardware, and software configuration. Skills and experience should support any of the
o SIEM products
o Enterprise Linux
o Microsoft Windows Server
o Cisco Products
o Juniper Products
o Palo Alto Products
o Advanced Computer Networking
19AQMM20F0234 - P00024 -ATTACHMENT B - POSITION DESCRIPTIONS
SBU - CONTRACTING AND ACQUISITIONS
o Bare Metal Servers with virtualization
o Networked Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
o Fiber Optic Installation and Acceptance Testing
- Experience in public speaking, delivering briefings, or instructions.
- Prior experience in an instructor position is preferred.
- Working knowledge and current industry recognized Associate-level certification supporting any of the
above types of systems.
- Experience with Department of State installation requirements is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to explain technical concepts to
audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge and ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills to in
Secret Company Information
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.