Jan 19, 2023
(Wichita or Dallas) KS or TX
Nonprofit - Social Services
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
Director of Application Technology (Wichita or Dallas)
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
Careers with purpose
Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
10 Paid Holidays
PTO & Vacation
The Director of Application Technology is responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of the business application ecosystem necessary to support Envision’s mission, strategic plan, and business goals. The Director collaborates with an outsourced IT Managed Services Team to ensure proper alignment of IT infrastructure for the required business applications and to ensure proper collaboration to support Envision’s overall technology infrastructure and performance. The Director leads the prioritization of all application initiatives, plans for technology growth, oversees the organization’s application portfolio, and supports business operations to improve cost effectiveness and service quality within the operations and focus areas of the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Manage the organization’s business application portfolio, including but not limited to: ERP, EHR, e-Commerce, Point-of-Sale and internal test/dev environment
- Partner with outsourced IT Managed Services team to ensure business applications, and all elements of Envision’s technology framework are performing optimally.
- Collaborate with IT Managed Services team to ensure Envision employees are provided a seamless support experience.
- Research, design and implement application initiatives that support Envision’s strategic plan and business objectives and foster innovation.
- Understand the organization’s business processes and acquire business application systems.
- Collaborate with outsourced IT Managed Services team to ensure adequate infrastructure architecture exists to support required business applications and work together to troubleshoot any issues.
- Oversee new business application system installation and integration efforts, manage expectations, and work to prevent interruption to IT services and loss of productivity.
- Recommend, approve and implement software to ensure security and integrity of Envision’s data and systems—analyzing whether on-premises or cloud technology is better aligned for the solution.
- Create, maintain, and implement a Disaster Recovery Plan in conjunction with the outsourced IT Managed Services team.
- Ensure all electronic systems comply with contract provisions and federal mandates, including HIPAA, PCI, CMMC Level 1 and other regulations.
- Manage hardware and software licensing and maintenance contracts for coverage and budgeting.
- Lead and manage internal business application support team, providing ongoing coaching and professional development to ensure departmental performance.
- Oversee a collaborative, integrated relationship with Envision’s key vendors and interact with business partners across the organization to understand and satisfy their technology needs.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Implement and enforce Envision policies related to network and electronic communications, and computer and technology usage.
- Serve as a business analyst and hands-on project manager to balance business requirements with the organization’s computing requirements.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and pricing. Advise, counsel and educate the executive staff on their competitive and financial impact. Participate in corporate leadership team meetings.
- Oversee the department operating budgets, review and approve IT spending, and understand cost elements related to the delivery and implementation of technology projects, products, systems, and resource allocation.
- Supervise work assignments, develop, mentor and discipline Applications’ staff; provide regular performance updates and feedback; conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Business Management required; Master’s in information systems degree or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of broad-based application management experience preferably in light manufacturing and retail environments, with at least 5 years of demonstrated management/supervisory responsibilities required.
- Must have significant hands–on experience in business application administration and IT administration.
- Strong overall knowledge and understanding of SQL and database management
- Background in support or management of ERP systems
- Strong proficiency in computer knowledge and experience including Microsoft Office products, and a strong emphasis on business application architecture and management.
- Expertise in business process decomposition, structured analysis and design.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion related to technology systems and content.
- Passion for serving the mission of Envision, Inc.
NO Security Clearance