CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
DLS - Capitol - Dallas, TX
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
The Sr. Business Analyst works closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of the customer’s business strategy, processes, services and tools and in the context in which the business operates. The Senior Business Analyst will review assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks, and identify opportunities to improve efficiency. The Sr. Business Analyst will gather and compile user requirements to understand the technology solutions required. Applies knowledge of project management disciplines, methods and tools, knowledge of general information technology to manage business/computing projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Study the organizations current systems and processes, and design solutions to help the company operate more efficiently and effectively.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures; focusing on quality improvement and data management; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Look for opportunities to leverage technology to achieve business unit objectives
- Develop technology strategies with the Business units that align within the overall IT and business strategy
- Stay abreast of new technologies and their ability to provide a competitive edge, provide advice and guidance in the application of information and best practices
- Lead the company in the execution of Business/ IT Projects and ensure the desired result is achieved quickly and effectively
- Assist with the preparation of cost benefit analyses for projects, and assist in prioritizing projects
- Ensure the business units understand the technology solution, overall solution delivery, and compliance to governance processes, architecture standards, etc.
- Ensure that the functional requirements are fully met by the solution
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed
- Flexibility to perform other job duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Information Technology, Business Analysis Engineering, or project management discipline required.
- Organized with attention to detail. logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Ability to understand and communicate complex business requirements to the technology teams
- Understanding of project management principles and planning
- Understanding of information technology processes and practices
- Proficient with a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to MS Project Management, MS Teams/SharePoint, PowerPoint, MS Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work in an effective manner with external and internal customers
- Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes
- Understand and enforce security and compliance protocol when working with sensitive and proprietary data sets
- Possess an understanding of application landscape (User Interface, application, database, network)
- Must have experience in collecting business and functional requirements
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.