OBXtek is looking to fill a position on our Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS)
prime contract for the Headquarters Air Force. The Acquisition Program Analyst (Program Management), SME
candidate will work for the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Integration (Execution Oversight Division) Directorate (AQXE) which p rovides expert and integrated position/advice to SAE, AF leadership, PEOs and PMs on programming, budgeting, execution and acquisition reporting for AF acquisition programs. AQXE Implements on behalf of SAE, special projects related to SAF/AQ priorities, BBP initiatives and acquisition oversight and serves as SAF/AQ focal point for Program Integration, Should Cost/Schedule, Earned Value Management, Scheduling, Affordability, and acquisition reform initiatives. AQXE also serves as the SAF/AQ focal point for Business Intelligence/Acumen, Industrial Liaison and Industrial Base efforts and as the SAF/AQ focal point for the Warfighter SIG, urgent needs and Secretariat for Requirements processes (i.e. AFROC, JROC, SAR, DAES, DAB). **This position is currently telework eligible due to COVID, with on-site work happening approximately 3 days per week. When the Pentagon re-opens fully, this position may require more days on-site per week or 100% onsite.
The Acquisition Program Analyst (Program Management), SME
position include supporting Headquarters Air Force (HAF) budget preparation and defense, SAE oversight and decision-making activities.
Tasks for this position include:
QualificationsActive Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Supporting Headquarters Air Force (HAF) SAE oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts, development and implementation of acquisition reform efforts.
- Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on requirements, acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
- Providing honest broker assessments of programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues.
- Researching and analyzing program trends, identifying issues, and recommending solutions.
- Making recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives, and schedules, and the formulation of program direction.
- Tracking for compliance with stated program direction and identifying issues.
- Identifying changes in program direction and assess impacts.
- Monitoring the implementation and effectiveness of acquisition management changes directed on AF acquisition programs.
- Monitoring Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Air Force, and other Service's activities and assess their impact on AF acquisition programs.
- Supporting the HAF review process to include the Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports, etc.
- Performing the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
- Supporting program-specific strategy development, analysis, and planning for all phases of a program's life cycle (such as phase transitions from technology development), through system development, production, fielding, modification, and sustainment.
- Maintaining and analyzing planning, scheduling, and management data.
- Identifying and researching programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
- Advising and supporting program reporting process at both HAF and DoD level.
- Reviewing and evaluating the impact of national, DOD, JCS, and civil government policies that affect Air Force acquisition programs and capability areas.
- Supporting the AF development of responses to Warfighter Urgent Needs and their implementation.
- Providing advice and status reports to leadership on a regular basis.
- Studying, analyzing and providing recommendations on potential and new acquisition authorities as proposed by Congress.
- Studying, analyzing, tracking and researching acquisition enterprise-level data (i.e. financial, performance, requirements, critical path schedules, etc.) and providing recommendations on data views, data analytics, data formatting and applicable tools.
- Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on software acquisition management, processes and tools.
- Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties list above and as coordinated with the COR.
Master's degree in a Business or Engineering discipline.
15 years of Air Force or Department of Defense experience in acquisition positions.
Expertise in acquisition enterprise data management, Congressional authorities, and software. Security Clearance
Top Secret with SCI eligibility Company Information
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek's COVID-19 policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer COVID-19 policy which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, vaccination, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing .
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.