The Pediatric Practice & Health Care Delivery tea at the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare seeks an expert in evaluation to provide extensive data and analytic expertise to the National Pediatric COVID-19 Training Center in coordination with the internal and external project team, as well as identify areas for quality improvement (QI).
Qualified candidates will possess:
· Masters’ degree in research, psychology, child development, public policy, public health, or related field, with a focus on program evaluation or measurement or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
· At least four years’ experience in program evaluation, project development and management, data aggregation and analysis, and scientific and grant writing. Experience with QI strongly preferred.
· Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical, and leadership skills.
· Must be able to manage a heavy workload including multiple programs and projects simultaneously within deadlines, work both independently and as part of a team, take initiative, effectively collaborate with various internal and external constituents, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Strong technical acumen essential with proficiency in MS Office, MS Power BI, and the ability to learn and apply new technologies; experience with virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams) and document collaboration platforms (eg, SharePoint) preferred.
· Knowledge of the health care industry and programs designed to promote child health highly desirable.
· Travel and some evening/weekend work required.
Why work for the AAP?
· Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
· State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
· An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
· Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· Competitive PTO and sick leave.
· Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
· A full list of benefits can be found here.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.
Mission: The mission of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is to attain optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To accomplish this mission, the AAP shall support the professional needs of its members.
Our fabulous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, 401K/403B, Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program, Goal Achievement Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts.