OBXtek has an opening is for an Administrative Specialist, Journeyman
for the Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS) prime contract for the Headquarters Air Force. This position supports the Acquisition Career Management group who is r esponsible for leading the Acquisition Professional Development Program, including implementing programs and policies; develops, reviews, and coordinates policy and strategic plans for the Air Force acquisition workforce. Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Logistics and Product Support (AQD)
is responsible for providing enterprise oversight of all matters pertaining to product support, supply chain management, maintenance of military materiel and all support functions required to field and maintain the operational capability of weapon systems, including all functions related to weapon system readiness. SAF/AQD develops strategy, policy and guidance and serves as the primary interface with Congress, OSD and the other military Services on programs relative to product support. *This position is currently telework elligible due to COVID, with on-site work approximately 3 days per week. In the future, can potentially be 100% onsite, based on the mission's needs.*
The tasks for this position include:
QualificationsActive Secret Clearance
- Performing administrative duties such as maintaining flag-level calendars, managing travel arrangements and assisting in voucher processing, setting up and maintaining file plans, maintaining records and executing government administrative policies, greeting visitors, and answering phones.
- Receiving and distributing mail, managing correspondence, and action item tasking and tracking including monitoring suspense's and reviewing correspondence for correctness.
- Supporting the leadership of high visibility/high pressure front office.
- Managing calendar and all travel for AQD senior leader (SES).
- Processing travel reservations, authorizations and vouchers i.e. Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Managing all Protocol-related activities.
- Initiating high-level meetings of senior members and General Officers.
- Receiving and screening visitors and phone calls.
- Installing administrative procedures that affect subordinate units.
- Independently reviewing outgoing correspondence and ensuring handling requirements for classified material are accurately followed.
- Collaborating with Military Assistant to resolve process bottlenecks and backlogs.
- Assists actions officers in executing conference preparation to include weekly high level VTCs.
- Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties list above and as coordinated with the COR.
Personnel in this position at the journeyman level shall have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- T otal of 5 years of administrative experience (supporting a senior leader, to include calendar/schedule management).
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of DTS/travel.
Secret Company Information
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek's COVID-19 policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer COVID-19 policy which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, vaccination, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing .
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.