Jan 25, 2023
WestCare Foundation, Inc.
Bakersfield, CA, USA
Person in this position will be responsible for the case management of a large caseload of participants in the STOP program. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. Essential Job Functions:
- Case management of a large caseload of participants released from prison substance abuse programs;
- Heavy documentation;
- Coordination of various services throughout several agencies;
- Travel to Community Based Providers in personal vehicle;
- In prison presentations;
- Parole collaboration;
- Travel to community based providers;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum (3) years experience working with criminal justice populations
- One (1) year case management experience;
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system;
- Basic computer skills;
- Good documentation skills;
- Must have the ability to pass a criminal history background screening;
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain CDCR clearance;
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCares vehicle insurance is required;
- Certification in drug and alcohol counseling is preferred at the time of hire; must obtain Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counselor Certification within six (6) months from date of hire, Preference will be given to candidates that are currently certified;
- Be able to multi-task; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
- As mandated by the State of California those employees who work at Residential, Outpatient, Sober Living, provide Mental Health Services, Administrative Staff or Transitional Living Facilities must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a degree in Addiction Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology or a related field is preferred.
- Work is primarily performed in office or residential settings; and
- Some outdoor activities may be required.
- WestCare will reimburse travel expenses that are incurred when using personal vehicles at that rate approved per company policy.
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds;
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position; and
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
$21.95 - $21.95 Hourly
NO Security Clearance