Would you like to work at one of the nation’s most respected, mission-driven organizations? If so, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a Membership Coordinator to provide administrative and project support for member marketing and operations activities. This individual will provide premier customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, with a 1-hour lunch. 37.5 hour workweek.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related discipline required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
· At least two years’ related general administrative and/or project coordination experience required, including some budget preparation and tracking. Experience with analyzing data, maintaining web pages and/or collaboration sites, working on membership initiatives, and working in a non-profit or medical association preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, analytical, time management, and organizational skills required.
· Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, pay close attention to detail, manage multiple priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines, collaborate effectively with various internal and externa constituents, and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-orientated work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Some overtime and weekend work may be required.
Some tasks include:
· Coordinate the development, review, and maintenance of assigned budgets and forecasts. Utilize budgeting software to create annual budgets and advise staff on budgeting process requirements and/or changes.
· Proactively review and develop process efficiencies continuously across the membership area.
· Provide project assistance to Enterprise Membership, and Dues Sponsoring Orgs (DSO), including updating collaboration sites, gathering, and processing program data, and general administrative activities.
· Work with membership teams to create, manage, and update various collaboration sites, including content review and access requests.
· Work closely with membership management team to analyze and evaluate member operations activities, membership metrics, and membership Association Management System (ASM) functions.
· Provide project assistance for DTI testing, Data Management and other special projects.
Why work for the AAP?
· Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
· State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
· An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
· Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· Competitive PTO and sick leave.
· Annual year-end company-wide week off the last week of December.
· Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
· A full list of benefits can be found here (https://downloads.aap.org/DOHRAS/BenefitsAtAAP.pdf).
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 475 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.
Mission: The mission of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is to attain optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. To accomplish this mission, the AAP shall support the professional needs of its members.
Our fabulous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Vacation, Sick, Holiday pay, 401K/403B, Health and Wellness Reimbursement Program, Goal Achievement Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts.