OBXtek is currently staffing for a Technical Security Systems Instructor I
who is enthusiastic, knowledgeable individual that can provide instructor-led training and clearly articulate complex, technical subjects to security professionals with various degrees of technical knowledge and ability. The instructor must be an excellent communicator and possess solid technical skills in any of the following five Technical Security Systems (TSS). disciplines:
- Intrusion Detection Systems covers alarm systems, alarm sensors, fiber conversion modules, fiber optic communications cabling and infrastructure, uninterruptible power systems, and NEC-compliant electrical wiring and infrastructure installations.
- Networks encompass basic computer, network, and IT security skills to install, configure, and maintain security systems.
- Physical Security focuses on electronic fundamentals, vehicle barriers, public address systems, X-rays for security screening, and explosive detection equipment.
- Locks involve GSA containers and vault doors, mechanical and electromechanical locks, vaults, door hardware, and large format interchangeable cores.
- Operator comprises a wide range of security equipment and procedures to include alarm systems, explosive detection, locks and door hardware, and access control systems.
- Completes self-pace comprehensive study and team mentoring of training course(s) to teach one or two TSS topic(s). The duration of each topic may vary.
- Successfully completes instructor qualification training to include technical proficiency of security topic(s) and demonstrates knowledge and skills of instructional techniques based on the Principles of Andragogy (adult learning).
- Presents hands-on training instructions by informing, demonstrating, facilitating practice, and evaluating student's comprehension through written exams and lab exercises.
- Prepares training classroom and labs for instruction by accounting for training materials, setting-up audio-visual equipment, and testing training equipment.
- Performs closeout activities by completing training records, reordering materials, submitting repair requests, and ensuring classroom and labs are operational for the next course.
- Identifies errors, makes recommendations, and provides input on training curriculum materials for team consideration.
Participates in team meetings to learn and support training product development. Work will be hybrid in nature: 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely from home; unless instructing, which is always done in person. Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma.
- One to two years of formal education towards a degree from an accrediting institution to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
- 2+ years of technical skills and experience of installing, repairing, and troubleshooting in any of the following GSA approved security containers, locking devices, electromechanical locks, mechanical spin dial locks, vaults, LFICs, pushbutton locksets, electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, IoT devices, IP-CCTV, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment. It is preferred if skills and experience support any of the following systems:
- Automated Access Control devices
- Hardline, Force Entry and Ballistics Resistance Door
- Door control systems
- Explosive detection devices
- Vehicle barrier control
- Public Address Systems
- X-ray machines for security screening,
- Basic Computer Networking
- Security Management Systems Enterprise
- Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
- Fiber Optic Installation
- Preferred experience in public speaking, delivering briefings, or instructions.
- Working knowledge of electronic fundamentals. This requirement does not apply to the Locks and Operator disciplines.
- For the Locks discipline a current or former Locksmith or GSA Safe and Vault Technician certification is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge and ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with all levels of technical and non-technical staff.
Secret Company Information
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with OBXtek's vaccination policy. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer vaccination requirements which may include any or all the following: social distancing, masks, mandatory statements regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory testing .
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our mission is Our People...Our Reputation.
Our people are trained professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much more.
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO. Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine. OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.