The Vice President (VP) for California is responsible for overall managerial, operational, and programmatic leadership across assigned service domains which could include but not limited to Mental Health & Wellness, Treatment & Rehabilitation, Housing Opportunities, Education & Prevention Criminal Justice, and Veterans Services. Additionally, the VP will lead efforts to develop new services in their assigned area across the region. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Overall management and administrative responsibility across assigned service domains including but not limited to Mental Health & Wellness, Treatment & Rehabilitation, Housing Opportunities, Education & Prevention Criminal Justice, and Veterans Services.
- Manage external relationships with local, state, and federal government officials, foundations, other non-profits, and educational organizations, grant officers and other stakeholders.
- Participate with other community groups and represent WestCare as needed.
- Track revenue and expenses for assigned service domains. Advocate for funding support for existing and new programs. Work closely with the COO to manage budgets.
- Work closely with the WestCare Foundations national departments including the Finance and Accounting, HR, the Grants, Information Technology, Marketing, Development, Research and Evaluation, Professional Development and the Office of the General Counsel and other departments as required by the job.
- Ensure all grants and contracts are properly administered and adhere to all programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership for a staff providing motivation, convey a sense of pride, promote and role model strong ethical behavioral.
- Make hiring and termination decisions in conjunction with WestCare Foundations' national HR department.
- Lead new business development efforts to support and grow programs to meet local needs. Review funding opportunities and make strategic decisions regarding program growth and opportunities.
- Identify compliance concerns and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Champion, within the organization, a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior. Lead with heart and compassion for the most vulnerable in the community.
- Participate in meetings and attend trainings as required and requested
- Completes all orientation and mandated training activities, including E-Learning Courses, within required timeframes, and in accordance with the criteria established for this position.
- Must Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience and Competencies:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Willing to seek out new work projects and contribute ideas and efforts to the constant improvement of WestCare services
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a manner that is pleasant and professional
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be highly organized, detail focused, and have excellent time management
- Must possess strong computer skills or can learn
- Ability to respond as needed to crisis situations in an efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served
- Ability to obtain and maintain successful background check
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCares vehicle insurance
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification, first aid certification, and an annual tuberculosis test
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- Five (5) years recent experience in health and human services related field
- Five (5) years recent management or supervisory experience
- Graduation from an accredited university with a masters degree in Social Work or a related field is preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited university a with bachelors degree in social work or related field or the equivalent years or experience in an executive position is required.
- Not applicable for this position.
- Extensive local and state-wide travel in CA, some out of state travel to meeting locations across WestCare, including overnight stays
- Work is performed primarily in a professional, office setting.
- A minimum of 40 hours per week are expected but significantly more hours will be required from time to time. Completion of job duties may require working before and after normal working hours. Regular attendance is required. Being able to work as many hours as is necessary to complete job tasks is a required and essential duty of this position.