Feb 01, 2023
WestCare Foundation, Inc.
Miami, FL, USA
Person in this position is responsible for a variety of duties involved in receiving, evaluating, prioritizing, and relaying crisis calls to the Mobile Response Team. Essential Job Functions include those listed below. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Triage calls to the correct team depending on location and availability.
- Receive crisis calls and provide crisis intervention services.
- Conduct initial screenings and determine if an in-person assessment is required by a Licensed Clinician.
- Analyze situations and take necessary actions to provide crisis intervention. Interpreting and implementing WestCare procedures regarding crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Must condense large amounts of information into clear, intelligible remarks in a timely manner and can recall numerous acronyms and codes essential to appropriate call processing. Provide direct counseling services to clients.
- Monitor and assess client behavior.
- Follows prescribed protocols to provide emergency instruct to callers during high-risk situations until appropriate units arrive.
- Report to immediate supervisor any unusual incidents that should be brought to the attention of the Program Director, Clinical Director, Regional Vice President, or regulatory agency.
- Participate in decision to refer clients for ancillary services, i.e., family support groups, continuing care groups, etc.
- Complete documentation required for clinical records and other reports as assigned.
- Attend all interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and establish parameters for discharge planning.
- Ensure that all staff following WestCare policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to immediate supervisor regarding interviewing and hiring of direct care staff.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance to ensure continuity of counseling services to clients.
- Follow all WestCare policies and procedures.
- Must embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience and Competencies:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be culturally/linguistically sensitive to populations served.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from DCF.
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCares vehicle insurance is required.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- Two (2) years of experience in behavioral health crisis services.
- Familiarity with Miami-Dade County.
- Masters Level Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor.
- Not applicable for this position.
- Work is primarily performed in a professional office/residential setting.
- Some outdoor activities may be required.
- Some travel is required.
$60,000.00 - $60,000.00 Salary/year
NO Security Clearance