Essential Job Functions:
- Person in this position will be primarily responsible for managing a caseload of Veterans who are homeless. This person is responsible for case management activities including linking veterans with services inside the Veterans Administration and in the community, case record management, and facilitating educational groups. Person may be called upon to conduct screenings, complete intake assessments, monitor program process and intervene as necessary. Essential job functions include those listed below and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Serve as an active part of the San Joaquin Valley Veterans (SJVV) case management team and carry out all required responsibilities as needed.
- Conduct assessments and coordinate referrals and placements of eligible veterans to appropriate programs and facilities.
- Complete SOAR training and become certified to submit SOAR applications in order to increase a households income.
- Connect with landlords and familiarize them with the Shallow Subsidy, SSVF & HUD programs, and community resources to assist both tenants and landlords in the event of potential problems leading to eviction.
- Demonstrate empathy and flexibility in responding to participants' needs and requests.
- Assist participants in locating or maintaining permanent housing.
- Completion of home visits and housing inspections as needed. Maintains contact with landlords to provide ongoing support.
- Complete documentation of services on appropriate, county specific forms per policy and procedure guidelines.
- Maintain client files according to company policy and contract requirements.
- Will receive referrals from community partner case managers, outreach workers, and concerned family and friends.
- Attend scheduled meetings within the community; and
- Coordinate and partner with community resources to promote the wellbeing of the veterans (i.e. WestCare, assigned county, VA, Vet Center, county specific CoC) Develop and maintain working knowledge of available community resources and act as liaison.
- Coordination of various services throughout several agencies.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with employers, industry organizations, and public agencies to source job openings and secure employment and vocational training opportunities for clients.
- Work with Veteran Advocate (Shallow Subsidy) and Lead Veteran Advocate (Shallow Subsidy) to refer clients to specialized services, such as, job seeking skills training, job placement, vocational schools, welfare-to-work services, Compensated Work Therapy (CWT) program, work rehabilitation programs, etc.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision, and goals of WestCare Foundation.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a manner that is pleasant and professional.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Two (1) years case management or outreach experience.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to operate and document in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook program formats.
- Ability to respond as needed to crisis situations in an efficient manner.
- Ability to complete work tasks within scheduled work hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the underserved populations
- Veteran and/or military experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Be able to multi-task; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate motor vehicle.
- Must have own transportation to carry out job duties and responsibilities. The vehicle must meet legal requirements (insured, registered, etc.).
- Willing to seek out new work projects and contribute ideas and efforts to the constant improvement of WestCare services.
- . As mandated by Presidential Order all employees of WestCare Foundation, Inc. and all affiliates of WestCare Foundation, Inc. will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective 12/08/2021. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you
Experience and Competencies:
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college with a degree in Psychology, Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling or a related field is preferred.
- Valid drivers license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare vehicle insurance is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance from California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Fresno County Credentialing.
- As mandated by the State of California those employees who work at Residential, Outpatient, Sober Living, provide Mental Health Services, Administrative Staff or Transitional Living Facilities must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. Employees that have requested a Medical or Religious Exemption, which has been approved by Human Resources will be required to test for the virus weekly.
- During your tenure with WestCare there may be new requirements, including, but not limited to vaccinations that are issued by local, State, Federal, and/or Funders that WestCare may have to comply with. Should this occur Human Resources or appropriate personnel will inform you.
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification, and an annual Tuberculosis test.
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position; and
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks.
- Up to 90% of the time may be spent working in the field with participants, in the car, outdoors, or in shelters. Other time will be spent in the office completing administrative paperwork and meeting with supervisor.
WestCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at WestCare is contingent upon
successful completion of a pre-employment drug test,
pre-employment physical and criminal background check.