CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
We are growing in the Mankato market and seeking experienced Manager for a new property.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, the primary function of the Community Manager is providing competent and effective leadership which will ensure the growth and success of both the community as well as employees. The Community Manager is responsible for all phases of the operation of the Property, including but not limited to; general administration, maintenance, leasing, resident relations, collection of rents, cleanup of violations and oversight of all personnel and resources and adherence to all applicable fair housing laws governing real estate sales, leasing and management maintenance service.
- Maximizes the overall operating performance and return on investment by managing occupancy, delinquency, violations and curb appeal/maintenance of the community infrastructure
- Performs weekly property visits to evaluate compliance with community policies regarding parking, curb appeal, pets, and property maintenance
- Ensures that all rents are collected by months end and handles delinquent accounts
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, training and performance management of Maintenance Technicians and Assistant Community Managers of the property
- Accountable for labor and operational budget development and performance; prepares budget for labor and operational cost, manages labor and operational cost to ensure compliance with budget
- Ensures that all policies, rules and procedures are followed by community residents, visitors, vendors and employees
- Conducts direct sales and marketing activities including maintenance of up-to-date sales materials, home flyers, banners and promotions posted and available to potential buyers; ensuring homes for sale are posted on appropriate sites such as Craig’s list, Facebook and other sites; follows-up on lead management; processes and completes all sales paperwork
- Manages new home inventory as appropriate to protect the value of the asset through proper set-up, inspections, title, utilities etc. until sale is complete
- High School diploma Equivalent is required, College degree preferred
- 3 years of related management experience in retail, hospitality or property management preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, guidance and ability to delegate priority tasks
- Experience with budget development and monitoring and financial management and analysis
- Moderate proficiency in office productivity software; knowledge of rent management software preferred
- Ability to understand and apply company policies, local, state and federal regulations regarding facility management and fair housing.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
FLSA CLASS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Directly supervises Maintenance Technicians; directly supervises Assistant Community Managers in certain communities
BUSINESS FUNCTION: Communities, Regional
SHORT CODE: COMMMNGR
POSITION CLASS: Administrative
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
- Developing Fellowship – The ability to influence others through insight, logic and communication in a positive way to attain results. Inspires and motivates others to achieve goals, complete task and deliver discretionary effort. Is a consistent role model of the Lakeshore values, leadership competencies, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Implementing the Vision – The ability to articulate the vision and get others to take responsibility through training, setting clear and transparent expectation, managing performance, providing early, often, and actionable feedback. Provides appropriate tools and resources for employees to implement vision and tactics. Delegates effectively.
- Following Through – The ability to create plans, check-in periodically to insure progress is being made, and assist as appropriate to remove barriers, helps others learn from mistakes and insure task are completed. Also includes, asking tough questions, facing disagreements, and managing conflict constructively. Holds self and others accountable to agree upon expectations.
- Achieving Results – Sets challenging goals, stays focused on results, and builds a culture where employees want to provide maximum contribution. Demonstrate leadership by challenging status quo, taking a stand, have healthy, respectful debate to improve processes and outcome.
- Team playing – Builds credible and trustworthy working relationships with boss, peers and subordinates. Develop followers to use their strengths and help them achieve their professional goals. Viewed as an effective team member and has ability to influence senior leaders.
COMPENSATION: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00/Yr (Based on experience) salary plus commission and 10% earning potential bonus
LOCATION: Mankato, MN - (We are growing in the Mankato market and seeking experienced Manager for a new property).
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health for all. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Job ID: 22684/ACQ-MW
Other, Real Estate Agent-Broker, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Leasing-Acquisition, Property Management, Hotel-Lodging Management
$50,000.00 - $55,000.00/Yr. (Based on experience) salary plus commission and 10% earning potential bonus
Occasional exposure to wet/and or humid conditions; the employee will occasionally lift packages up to 20 lbs.; frequently required to walk; frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.