Apr 14, 2023
Level D&I Solutions
Publishing - Printing
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
We have a remote contract opportunity for a Business Project Manager who will work on a daily basis with business and technology professionals, will need to challenge when appropriate, and gain agreement on project objectives, scope, costs and benefits. The Project Manager must be able to engage effectively with the SteerCo, executive and senior management to ensure clear objectives for the project, outcomes and the business constraints and context are understood.
**The Business Project Manager role will be primarily remote working, but will include working with teams in one of the many offices across the US and with the potential for some international travel.
**Prefer candidates from Eastern Time Zone as they will be working with Manager in UK.
Must Have for this role:
- Looking for is for PMs who have managed IT enabled Business Change projects, rather than technical change (e.g. new desktops), or systems development.
- Candidates with a high calibre and presence who will drive the project.
- Experienced candidates who started a project and seen it completely through the entire process from start to finish.
- This candidate must have excellent communication both verbal and written. They will need to discuss project with high level senior team.
- Salesforce or other system similar. Experience with the sales side of the business is helpful.
- Education or Publishing Background a plus.
- Multi-National experience a plus.
- The Project Manager must be able to create a project plan with an understanding of the requirements of each task and the resources available, then manage delivery against that plan, while managing risks and issues as they arise.
- Responsible for regular reporting to the SteerCo, sponsors, compliance with Project governance; and for wider communication with project stakeholders.
- Will be able to use their experience and insight to spot potential issues, good communication skills to keep all relevant parties informed, strong leadership skills to build teams and provide direction, and a calm demeanor to make the best decisions under pressure.
- Prepare brief but effective project definition and governance documents
- Develop realistic and achievable project plans
- Build and manage global, cross-functional project teams
- Manage external staff & vendors
- Continuously monitor the performance of all resources and vendors to ensure consistent performance
- Drive deliverables, day by day
- Provide appropriate communications, targeted to the audience
- Manage budgets, where appropriate
- Prioritize objectives to ensure success
- Track project deliverables
- Scrutinize progress to highlight potential issues
- Provide regular updates on project health to PMO
- Proactive in identifying what needs to be done to ensure successful delivery
- Effective management of individuals in the wider project team – which will include dedicated team members, but a larger group from the business who are part time resources.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and move project toward overarching goals
- Ability to prioritize, by distinguishing between the critical and the less important
- Ability to get into the detail to resolve specific issues
- Ability to push-for and track progress day-by-day
- Good communicator at all levels within the organization
- Commitment to lead by example
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate productive interactions involving a mix of technical and business staff
- Ability to develop internal and external resources to build effective teams
- Ability to manage vendors to deliver to contractual agreements – and beyond if necessary
- Ability to adapt management style based on the situation, whilst being consistent in core values
- Prioritization according to business outcome and benefit
- Paying attention to the right level of detail
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for adverse conditions
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict management
- Change management
- Risk management
IT Project Management
AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
NO Security Clearance