Mar 07, 2023
Remote (Remote/Preference in Tampa, FL area)
Hospitality - Hotel
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
The National Operations Assistant is a professional position providing executive-level administrative support to the Senior Vice President of Operations in all phases of the operation of the portfolio of communities, with extensive interaction with Division and Regional managers and administrative staff throughout Lakeshore. The responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in monitoring economic occupancy, expense control, property presentation and employee and resident engagement activities, while adhering to all applicable fair housing laws governing real estate sales, leasing and management/ maintenance services.
- Manage business correspondence and streamline work-flow for the SVP.
- Review all incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as documents and presentations for accuracy and completeness before going to SVP for signature or review.
- Maintain the SVP’s calendar of meetings, appointments, and travel. Anticipate potential schedule conflicts and proactively deal with them before they become issues.
- Maintain strong and highly responsive relationships with other senior executives, the extended leadership team and their support teams in the company.
- Work with team of Director Assistant’s to ensure all community databases are maintained, including but not limited to community data, safety audits and trip reports, vendor data, legal contacts and documents, resident events/meetings and the employee directory.
- Aggregate executive summaries for weekly meetings.
- Extract and manipulate data from various sources; synthesize into recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Ensure completion of timecards, expense reports and credit card reconciliation and perform periodic audits.
- Aggregate and track completion of company initiatives and projects.
- Ensure communication between Capital Expenditure team and the Ops team and residents around completion of large impact projects.
- Participate in pre- and post-acquisition meetings, project management, auditing, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of governing documents, applicable state statutes, and local ordinances that apply to each community/state. Review, understand and be able to explain a variety of community legal documents– rules and regulations, leases, amendments, addendums, common area maintenance agreements.
- Assist communities with customer service/retention initiatives and problem resolution.
- Assist SVP with customer care/retention initiatives including addressing resident suggestions and issues, ensuring timely responses, problem resolution and anticipating resident needs.
- Assist with employee and resident problem/challenge resolution through professional face to face, virtual, telephone and written interaction.
- Act as a liaison between SVP, Regional Team Members and Residents in resolving issues.
- Assist with scheduling, planning, coordinating, and creating agendas and presentation materials for all business and employee meetings and events across a multi-state area including travel and setup for large presentations/video conferences with multiple sites.
- Attend meetings, take notes and follow up/track items as needed.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training staff and insuring completion of new hire training plans.
- Provide direction and supervision to temporary or contract administrative personnel as assigned by the SVP.
- Oversee employee satisfaction initiatives and assist SVP with maintaining great relationships with employees by ensuring timely follow up occurs, anticipating employee needs and checking in randomly to ensure open lines of communication at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in improving and redesigning processes for efficiency; work closely with Home Office team to improve use of technology in processes.
- Adhere to all audit guidelines; participate/conduct community auditing of systems and processes.
- Manage office administrative functions such as ordering of supplies and coordination with building management services.
- Prioritize, plan and perform multiple urgent tasks seamlessly.
- Handle sensitive business and confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Uphold and maintain a positive cultural atmosphere.
- Support the team and the organization in whatever capacity needed; embracing unexpected duties and projects as they arise.
- Special projects as assigned by the SVP of Operations.
- Associates Degree/Bachelor’s degree preferred, experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in multi-location admin/executive assistant and/or property management
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able to plan and execute effective strategies that have led to measurable business growth
- Superior analytical skills; quantitative-minded, problem solver
- Strong work ethic, utmost level of integrity, attentiveness to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with little oversight, and with accountability to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry productive and relationship building business conversations
- Ability to understand and apply Fair Housing laws and local and state housing regulations
- Ability to travel up to 25% to participate in audits, meetings, property visits and events
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary based on experience, and we offer competitive compensation and benefits package
LOCATION: Remote/Preference in Tampa, FL area
General-Other: Project-Program Management, Real Estate Agent-Broker, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Leasing-Acquisition, Property Management
Competitive salary based on experience & we offer competitive compensation and benefits package
NO Security Clearance
Frequently required to sit; Frequently required to talk or hear; While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.