CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be responsible, for all phases of Operations in a high-profile community, including, but not limited to, developing business plans, driving sales goals, ensuring asset quality, achieving financial objectives, oversight of inventory and having oversight of all personnel and resources. Must adhere to all applicable Fair Housing Laws governing Real Estate Sales, Leasing Management and Maintenance Services.
The following is a list of responsibilities including but not limited to the performance of the General Manager as determined by the Regional Manager/DOO:
- Accountability for all day to day operations of high performing community within a Region
- Communicate and execute company's strategic direction
- Manage and ensure all financial objectives are met
- Work closely with Regional Manager to establish budgets for the community
- Direct and participate in customer service/retention initiatives
- Ensure Sales/Rental goals are met
- Create Marketing Strategy thru ideas/initiates to drive top line performance
- Develop and implement business plans for all operational deficiencies
- Hire, train and motivate community staffing
- Perform weekly property visit and conduct Town Hall Meetings as needed
- Conduct Performance Evaluations on annual basis
- Ensure community is well maintained from a safety and liability standpoint
- Walk inventory weekly to ensure readiness targets are met
- Any other required tasks needed including items on CM Job Description
- Proficient in computer skills and software
- 5-10 years experience in retail, hospitality and/or property management
- Energetic and positive with a sharp eye for detail
- Must be results driven with proven track record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and tasking skills
The General Manager candidate must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily to be successful in this job. The requirements detailed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities if able to perform the essential functions. I have read and agree to the above Job Description.
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
- Developing Fellowship – The ability to influence others through insight, logic and communication in a positive way to attain results. Inspires and motivates others to achieve goals, complete task and deliver discretionary effort. Is a consistent role model of the Lakeshore values, leadership competencies, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Implementing the Vision – The ability to articulate the vision and get others to take responsibility through training, setting clear and transparent expectation, managing performance, providing early, often, and actionable feedback. Provides appropriate tools and resources for employees to implement vision and tactics. Delegates effectively.
- Following Through – The ability to create plans, check-in periodically to insure progress is being made, and assist as appropriate to remove barriers, helps others learn from mistakes and insure task are completed. Also includes, asking tough questions, facing disagreements, and managing conflict constructively. Holds self and others accountable to agree upon expectations.
- Achieving Results – Sets challenging goals, stays focused on results, and builds a culture where employees want to provide maximum contribution. Demonstrate leadership by challenging status quo, taking a stand, have healthy, respectful debate to improve processes and outcome.
- Team playing – Builds credible and trustworthy working relationships with boss, peers and subordinates. Develop followers to use their strengths and help them achieve their professional goals. Viewed as an effective team member and has ability to influence senior leaders.
COMPENSATION: $60,000. - $65,000./Yr (Based on experience) salary plus commission and 10% earning potential bonus
LOCATION: The GM will oversee the North New Jersey POD of the following communities: Green Acres NJ, Ideal, Shorehaven, Palmer Meadows, and Holly Hill.
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health for all. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
General-Other: Production-Operations, Other, Real Estate Agent-Broker, Business Development-New Accounts, General-Other: Sales-Business Development, Real Estate Appraisal, Real Estate Leasing-Acquisition, Property Management, Escrow Officer-Manager, Loan Officer-Originator, Mortgage Broker, Business Unit Management, Mergers and Acquisitions
$60,000. - $65,000./Yr (Based on experience) salary plus commission and 10% potential bonus
Occasional exposure to wet/and or humid conditions; the employee will occasionally lift packages up to 20 lbs.; frequently required to walk; frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.