Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois-based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers and world-class manufacturing facilities. As a data-driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best-in-class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment. POSITION OVERVIEW
This position shall be responsible for all assigned functions and responsibilities under the direction of the Project Controls Manager and through partnership with ECS Field Service Operations. The primary responsibility of the position is to support ECS Field Service Operations by developing and maintaining the ECS Project Schedule effectively to ensure equipment, field labor, mats and manufacturing are efficiently planned to achieve project commitments and meet the expectations of internal and external customers.
This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience with Primavera P6 Professional or MS Project including efficient use of resource loading and leveling.
To be successful, the Project Scheduler shall possess a comprehensive understanding of the company's products and construction services, as well as a strong knowledge of the construction practices associated with ROW development within the Electric Power and Oil & Gas utility markets. The employee must be well-organized and capable of working amid frequently changing project demands in a fast-paced environment. He/she must demonstrate respect, professionalism, and sound judgment; they must closely collaborate with team members, and colleagues in various Sterling support departments. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure safety of company staff and customers is a top priority.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal colleagues and customers.
- Adhere to governing Sterling and ECS policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Develop and maintain the ECS Project Schedule for all Field Operations.
- Analyze and revise production plans in response to changing priorities and delivery dates as required.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and report-out on actual customer demand, trends, and forecasts; adjust capacity plans accordingly.
- Be able to produce commodity curves and manhour status reports
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and work scopes into a Project Execution Plan with a time-phased build schedule.
- Work to determine weekly inbound forecast and develop actual production rates to improve accuracy.
- Utilize key performance indicators for forecast accuracy.
- Schedule demand based on the product mix and provide accurate commitment dates to customer service team across multiple regions.
- Assemble project schedule reporting regarding performance to the business plan, the shipment plan, the inventory plan, and the production plan.
- Provide input on operating plans for the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process, concerning actual productivity and capacity.
- Identify current planned level of demand and create tactical production plans to meet the identified customer demand. Calculate production lead times.
- Coordinate information with other functional staff, including Project Management, Field Operations, Regional Administrators, and Fleet.
- Establish reporting to determine labor and productivity performance statistics.
- Engage in capacity management during sales and operations planning, project scheduling, material requirements planning, and production activity control.
- Manage work center input and output loading.
- Participate in Lessons Learned Meetings.
- Pursue Continuous Improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Be flexible. Assume other responsibilities and complete tasks to meet the changing needs of the organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Associate degree in Construction Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum (3) years scheduling, general construction, project management experience using Primavera P6 Professional or MS Project.
- Prior experience as a Project Scheduler or similar.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred but will train.
- CPR / First Aid Certification preferred but will train
- Must possess valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Character consistent with the Sterling Values and Business Code of Conduct & Ethics.
- Portray a consistent, positive, and winning attitude with a team mindset.
- Self-starter, ability to handle criticism, flexible, works well with limited direction.
- Strategic thinker, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Change Agent – skill with enabling change, strong influencing abilities particularly with client groups and frontline teams.
- Excellent customer relationship building skills.
- Capable of utilizing spreadsheets and B2W software in managing the planning process.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently.
- Use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, PP, Word, Access, SharePoint) ability to learn and utilize specialized software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Effectively communicate in English - both orally and in writing.
- Team-player. Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.