Sterling Site Access Solutions LLC is a national vertically integrated site access service provider to the North American Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. An Illinois-based company, with facilities located across the country, including regional construction offices, distribution centers, and world-class manufacturing facilities. As a data-driven company, Sterling provides complete turnkey ground protection products and services to the transmission & distribution, renewables, civil, and oil & gas markets. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best-in-class customer service, and being responsible stewards of the environment.POSITION OVERVIEW
The primary goal of the Estimator is to be highly responsive to each customer RFQ and consistently deliver innovative, accurate, and timely bids according to ECS policies and Phase 1 of the ECS Job Lifecycle Procedures.
The primary responsibility is to ensure assigned RFQs, cost estimates, bids, and bid reviews are managed and delivered to the customer in a consistent, timely, and effective manner that positions Sterling to "win the order ". Assumes responsibility for qualifying the RFQ, facilitating bid/no-bid discussions, confirming bid strategy, gathering project data, developing an Access Plan, confirming the Scope of Supply, preparing a cost estimate, preparing the bid, facilitating the Bid Review Meeting, as well as delivering and following-up on the bid.
To be successful, the individual shall excel at timely and effective communication with internal and external customers, alike. He/she shall demonstrate competent judgment when interpreting customer specifications and translating them into a clearly defined Scope of Work that is consistent with the company's products and services while mitigating unacceptable risks to the company. In addition, this individual must have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the company's field services, logistics, equipment planning & utilization, corporate cost standards, market pricing, and contract language common in the industry.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
- Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Adherence to ECS Job Lifecycle Program policies, processes, and procedures.
- Adherence to the Delegation of Authority (DoA). Obtain all necessary approval prior to submitting the bid.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with the Lead Estimator.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with Sales and ECS stakeholders.
- Confirm the customer has provided sufficient information to prepare an estimate. Contact the customer as needed.
- Support CRM maintenance. Send the RFQ to [email protected] proper tracking.
- Ensure bid / no-bid decisions are quickly and effectively handled for all Type A and B RFQs.
- Ensure the development of an effective bid strategy for high-value, complex, and strategic bids through collaboration with the Lead Estimator, District Manager, Key Customer Manager, Strategic Account Manager, and other stakeholders.
- Initiate a simple Credit Evaluation (D&B) for new customers.
- Create a project folder structure in SharePoint and properly organize it with job documents.
- Gather all relevant project data to properly develop the cost estimate and develop the Scope of Supply.
- Complete an environmental review with the Environmental Manager, as required.
- Prepare various Bid Package documents.
- Confirm the customer's receipt of the Bid Package. Follow-up with the customer until an award is issued.
- Facilitate a post-bid review following the loss of a strategic bid.
- Assume additional responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Character consistent with the Sterling Values and Business Code of Conduct & Ethics.
- Portray a consistent, positive, and winning attitude with a team mindset.
- Self-starter, ability to handle criticism, flexible, and works well with limited direction.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment both within a team or independently.
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications and translate them into a clearly defined Scope of Work.
- Proficient MS Office computer skills.
- Able to adapt to utilizing specialized software systems as a costing/quoting tool.
- Skilled at interpreting, organizing, and communicating data in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of construction methods, techniques, materials, tools, precautions, utilities, and field safety.
- Ability to keep records.
- Effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing with strong interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in Business Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of estimating experience in a construction or related field.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred, but will train
- CPR / First Aid Certification preferred, but will train
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.