We offer Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, and Opportunities for Growth.
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation (PVMC), a subsidiary of Capstone Copper, is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production.
As a member of the PVMC team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area, at PVMC you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities. We live by our values; Safety, Accountability, Excellence, and Caring.
About the Role:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide project management and engineering expertise for assigned projects, facilities planning and project execution, review and approve engineering design, and management of the engineering drawing and documentation database. Other duties include project management support on all phases of projects from Identification, Selection, Definition to Execution. The normal schedule is a four (4) day work week, depending on project timing.
Who We are Looking For:
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the Capstone Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the effective management and execution of both Engineering and Construction projects throughout the project life cycle.
- This will include, but not limited to, working with stakeholders to develop Project Charter, project scoping, conducting bid presentations, cost benefit analysis, writing of AFE’s, HSE plan for successful project execution.
- Develop, monitor and update project execution schedule in MS project or P6 on assigned projects
- Develop engineering solutions from feasibility to design for assigned projects, communicate with all stakeholders to determinate the best engineering solution.
- Develop an understanding of contracts, subcontracts, purchase order agreements as well as contract drawings and specification. Administers elements in the process involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Manage the execution of assigned projects. Interact with work force and contractors to ensure compliance to safety and environmental standards. Conduct regular updates on project status compared to schedule and provide direction accordingly. Examine work performed to ensure adherence to design and specification and provide direct and written feedback to contractors. This includes quality control and quality assurance technical responsibilities. Execution responsibilities may also include support for other engineers in department.
- Maintain and expand the engineering documentation system. This includes organizing new documents into the system, maintaining proper edit permissions and support the use of all functions within the system. Maintain condition of physical files and document integrity.
- Modify existing and new documents to current status via CAD and PDF editors. Support internal and external personnel in searching for documentation. Support standardization efforts of internal and external drawings and documentation.
- Provide verbal and written updates on project status to supervisor and plant leadership.
- Support development of the annual budget and updates to the budget by obtaining budgetary proposals for projects in a timely fashion.
- Research alternatives to current facilities maintenance practices including materials updates and execution methods to improve performance and lower cost.
- 5 years of Project Management or similar field experience required.
- Ability to read construction drawings of multiple disciplines required.
- 10 years of experience in mining or heavy industry preffered.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Must have good networking skills and ability to communicate with outside resources to gather needed information.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed during project execution and respond to contractor questions on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to organize and conduct meetings inside and outside of department. Must be willing to present ideas and project plans in front of groups of various sizes.
- Safety & Environmental – Must have strong safety values and be a champion of safe production methods & ideals. Will promote continuous improvement and demonstrate a commitment to safety. Must be able to understand, communicate and implement Company safety and MSHA rules, environmental policies and procedures and operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Leadership Qualities – Must develop and maintain good relationships, trust and respect with other employees. Deal with conflict effectively and demonstrate a strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude. Be able to motivate, empower, direct and delegate. Be transparent in motives. Must work effectively and safely using a participative management style in a team environment.
- Collaboration & Communications Skills – Must be a team player and cooperative self-starter with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who can interact well with all employees at all levels of the organization. Must be able to confer, influence and settle differences of opinion in a positive and professional manner. Must be skilled in team solving techniques. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Decision Making & Organizational Skills – Must possess strong troubleshooting and organizational skills and be able to resolve problems in a timely manner. Must be able to think logically using factual data and structure ideas to influence and direct others. Must make sound, timely decisions under conditions of uncertainty and risk. Will plan and coordinate multiple work tasks with a variety of departments and outside contractors. Must be able to set goals, develop strategies, and execute tasks to accomplish goals in a timely manner. Must be able to multi-task and work well under stressful conditions. Must be willing to challenge the status quo, identify and pursue new ideas and opportunities to improve production, safety, add value, and/or solve problems.
- Computer Skills – must have strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook). Must have prior experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks. Prior experience with a computerized maintenance management system (SAP) is a plus.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record. Regular attendance is an essential requirement.
- Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
- Valid Arizona Driver License
Physical Demands of the Role:
• Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces.
• This role is generally 80% office environment and 20% field environment.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
• Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire)
• 401(k) Savings and Employee Share Purchase Plans
• Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Pinto Valley Mining Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.