Please Click link to apply:
The Lease Admin is responsible to oversee lease renewals and rent increases for all tenants (MH, RV, Apartment and Commercial); to maintain and update internal guidelines based on state and local laws; to accurately draft and ensure timely delivery of notices; and generally, to act as a subject matter expert on leasing for Lakeshore. The Lease Administrator must maintain familiarity with general landlord-tenant law and stay abreast of changes to state and local law and regulation governing residential leasing, rent collection and security deposits.
- Reporting activities related to resident accounts, rent increases, incentives and contracts.
- Review and ensure proper administration and reporting of revenue; to include Site types, SOS codes, Market rates, Late Fee and Reservation account audits.
- Monthly reconciliation of move ins to ensure accurate set up in system.
- Review budgets, business plans and other documentation to ensure that lease terms and rent increase dollar amounts are correctly translated into notice and/or lease documents.
- Act as document library administrator/librarian for all original lease documentation, master lease templates, property specific prospectuses and covenants.
- Review and revise, with Leadership and legal counsel, all prospectus and lease documents, including during the acquisition process, and maintain tracking of changes.
- Administers tracking systems for lease expiration, rent increase dates, fees and HOAs.
- Research and draft rent increase notices and lease language in consultation with legal counsel.
- Ensure annual increases in RV rates and fees are approved and promoted to guests via increase letter and rate sheets.
- Prepare and confirm Leadership approval to finalize rent increase and fee change notices.
- Rental Home increase review monthly – draft and update worksheet, present to Senior Leadership Team for review and approval.
- Support the rent level review process by gathering/reviewing market studies of rent levels and demographics; prepare proposal for base rent increase amounts and rental increase spreadsheet based on lease expiration dates.
- Ensure timely creation, delivery and proper legal protocols followed for all notices.
- Track and ensure all rental leases are signed and renewed accurately and updated in the system.
- Provide guidance and training to Operations team on lease execution and rent increase communication.
- Prepare documentation for statutory meetings.
- Extract and manipulate data from various sources; synthesize into recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Participate in improving and redesigning processes for efficiency; work closely with Home Office team to improve use of technology in processes.
- Adhere to all audit guidelines; participate/conduct community auditing of systems.
- Other projects as requested
- Associates Degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred; Paralegal certification valued;
- 3 – 5 years working in commercial or residential real estate.
- Excellent written communication; experience with legal writing preferred.
- High level of skill with MS Office including SharePoint, Excel and Word; mail merge experience preferred.
- Exceptional skill in gathering accurately gathering and synthesizing facts and specific details.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, including failures to adhere to deadlines and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to for work with sensitive and proprietary corporate information and documents.
- Ability to thoroughly read and comprehend policies, regulations and litigation related documents.
FLSA CLASS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Field Operations Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: CFC Group
POSITION CLASS: Administrative
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and teamwork – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
COMPENSATION: $60,000. - $70,000. /Yr. (Based on experience)
LOCATION: Home Office - Skokie, IL
Lakeshore embraces Diversity and Inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace; for the purpose of safety and health for all . No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
General-Other: Production-Operations, General-Other: Project-Program Management, Program Management, Project Management, Financial Control, Real Estate Leasing-Acquisition, Property Management
$60,000. - $70,000. /Yr. (Based on experience)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; Continually required to sit; Occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.