CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO OUR WEBSITE FOR YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS:
West Linn Office - West Linn, OR
Develop detailed AutoCAD drawings of custom products and systems. Create component bills of materials and equipment shipping lists. Work closely with Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing on product development and improvement.
- Use computer aided design/drafting equipment and software to modify standard drawings and detail new components to meet job specifications as outlined in job submittals. (Primary work is with sheet metal, aluminum extrusions, and structural steel. Primary products are HVAC units, plenum and grid, electrical devices, and fan/motor frames.)
- Confer with sales and engineering personnel and prepare modifications as required.
- Analyze test reports, engineering sketches and related data and drawings to determine if design meets functional requirement specifications and feasibility due to size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
- Work from rough sketches and verbal instructions to produce manufacturing product layout, detail, assembly drawings, and bills of material.
- Identify buyout components and produce summary for purchasing department.
- Itemize all ship loose components and plant in the shipments file.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to clarify or resolve problems and modify designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce productions problems and ensure compliance specifications.
- Support engineering and manufacturing with development of prototype equipment.
- Associates Degree, or equivalent
- Drafting Certification
- Fluent in the use of AutoCAD and Inventor
- Familiarity in sheet metal based manufacturing environment helpful
- Knowledge of sheet metal layout, bend allowances and tolerances as well as structural steel detailing and welding practices.
- Strong mathematical skills, analytical and overall computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Strong experience in meeting deadlines and timely customer requests
- Must understand and promote the manufacturing process and exhibit the ability to meet demanding production schedules.